Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMatterport 2019 New PricingPricing

Question of the Day: Have you - or will you – change your hosting pricing?9340

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 14 May 2019:

As a result of the Matterport New Pricing, have you – or will you – change your Matterport hosting pricing?

Matterport 2019 New Pricing Announcement

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

In a word, yes. BUT, I don't view this change negatively.It's simply an adaptation to a new way of looking at things. I look forward to being completely re-tooled under this new regime, as it will lead to a more even cash flow (and lower overall costs) for me.

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
newengland3d private msg quote post Address this user
If one wants to continue in this field, they have to be open to adaption as the changes are presented. Identify, adapt and overcome... The only other option would be to sell your equipment and get out of the business.
Post 3 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Regarding the abrupt nature of Matterport's new price structure roll-out:

For my part, I am new to this biz (Real Estate Media) and had not yet published my rate sheet. So, for me, no biggy - just add this new ingredient (pricing model) to the mix and stir.

Not so easy for those in the business long enough to have amassed 10's or 100's of hosted spaces and gotten their clients used to certain costs resulting in mark-up and pass-through.

Like many of you, though new to this game, I have operated a small biz for many years. As such, occasional price increases in my supply chain that result in minor, justifiable increases in my retail pricing is totally understandable. When I compared Classic to New Pricing, I used a focus quantity of 75 simultaneous hosted spaces. The result was that my costs were about the same, or even slightly less for one-time and recurring charges. That, therefore, appears to be the crossover point where quantities above that level result in higher costs to the operator.

Notwithstanding the above, my real gripe in all of this is not that there are changes, but that this change was last-minute, without prior notification from Matterport and therefore unnecessarily disruptive to small business operators who already have way too much on their plates. Rather than surprise it's Customers, maybe the better approach might have been a 30 day notice, which would have allowed valued Matterport Customers to "prepare" themselves and their valued Customers for the upcoming changes. In other words, be PRO-ACTIVE, so that we don't have to be RE-ACTIVE.

Those of you who operate investment, rental properties will identify with the need to give notice of any such changes (morally or legally).

It is very clear to me that those in Senior Management positions at Matterport do not have sufficient, front-line, Customer-Service exposure, or experience, to make good decisions that impact their entire base of operators. If they treat decisions of this nature so carelessly, this will happen again and again unless or until such decisions cause them some pain. Regretfully, the only pain that will change this attitude will be losses in top and bottom-line financial performance as a result.

For me, this is "Strike 1". If there is a Strike 2, it becomes a matter of principle that will send me to the competition and place my new MP250 on Ebay.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101631 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?