Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansNewbiesPro2Ricoh Theta Z1

First Post - 360 Newbie - Need Advice Theta Z1 and Matterport9336

zacharysmiller private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone, what an awesome resource!

I've been asked multiple times to shoot virtual tours for real estate and am now diving in. The Theta Z1 is very appealing because of the simplicity of use. The Theta V image quality doesn't live up to my expectations, but I believe the quality of the Z1 is good enough for real estate.

I've also never used Matterport, but have seen the models on real estate sites and here are my questions:

1. Do I have to shoot using matterport's app? Or can I shoot using the Theata Z1 in RAW mode, correct the images in lightroom and then upload to matterport?

2. In matterport I've seen videos where you move around filling in the black spaces. Would this be a problem if I didn't use the matterpot app to shoot? Would I miss data?

3. Is there a possibility of using the app and have the ability to shoot in raw and post process images?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but this is where I am currently! haha

Thanks for any info.

Zach
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Do I have to shoot using matterport's app?

YES

Or can I shoot using the Theata Z1 in RAW mode, correct the images in lightroom and then upload to matterport?

NO

In matterport I've seen videos where you move around filling in the black spaces. Would this be a problem if I didn't use the matterpot app to shoot? Would I miss data?

It converts the data - you still have too shoot extra shots to fill in the holes but the Dollhouse from a Z1 shoot won't look as good - Remember you cannot order a Matterpak or Floorplan from a Z1 shoot.

Is there a possibility of using the app and have the ability to shoot in raw and post process images?
NO

I have a Z1 and the panos look good - it does work with the Matterport app but I have not done a complete shoot yet. Another MSP did a back to back with Pro2 and Z1 - pretty close.

I plan on trying a tour with Cupix so I can post-process the pano images.
Post 2 IP   flag post
zacharysmiller private msg quote post Address this user
Is a floor plan the same as what they call a 'schematic floor plan'? I only ask, because under the professional plan 360 plan, they list the option to buy the schematic floor plan for $14.99.
Post 3 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
YES - but not available if shot with Z1
Post 4 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
The 360 cameras do not have the accurate depth sensing that the Matterport cameras do. So a floorplan would only be within 4-10% accuracy which is why they are not offered with the 360s. The Matterport Pro cameras are within 1% accuracy and the Leica BLK360 is within .1%.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?