Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 ViewsOutdoorsProblemsScanning

External 360 to 3D aligment9327

Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
On this model, there is a scan just outside the kitchen in the patio. When clicked it jumps to the end of the garden.

Also, some of the garden points orientate randomly and take me to random places and don’t follow a natural path.

Any ideas?

Post 1 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know for sure but I know you can spin and orient 360 spaces before you convert them. You may not have oriented the 360 scan properly thus some seem to be 180 degrees off. Again, I don't know if that is the issues, or an issue at all. Just a thought.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Since these nodal positions are navigable and the garden is included in the dollhouse model, I presume you captured the garden 360s using a Theta or with the Matterport Pro camera in heavy overcast (limited infrared interference) light.

From my experience, these outdoor 360s present the biggest alignment challenge. You have to very carefully watch the screen as each new scan is added to the mini-map, to see if the location dot appears on the mini-map in the logical position you expect it to. If the dot appears where it shouldn't, immediately delete it and try again.

Here, you have a scan which belongs at the very furthest point in the garden but has erroneously located itself just outside the home, at the patio. I don't believe MP has yet added the capability to adjust, such as rotate or reposition, scans which are misaligned by the Capture app's AI. The only option is to delete misalignments and try again.

If someone thinks otherwise, or has another solution, I'd love to hear. That's been my experience doing exterior scans with Capture / Cortex.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I also have had great difficulty lining up the exterior 360’s with the rest of the scans so what @Home3D said makes sense to catch it as soon as it happens. Although the amazing Dee fixed a property for me that I could not line up!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
This is a reoccurring issue with Matterport scans and if not caught on site it's just faster to go back and re-scan than wait for Matterport to fix it...and that's the bigger problem. I've never had Dee respond to any of my service requests, but from what I've heard, she's the one that can get things fixed like this, but how long does it take her. I have yet to have any service question I've submitted to Matterport service answered in less than 48 hours, and that response usually doesn't fix the issue and it can take much longer to hopefully fix it.

I think most MSPs offer quick turnaround and for me, the response time from Matterport has to be much quicker.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@angusnorriss go into your workshop and view the mesh view, there you will see where the mesh maybe have holes or misalignment in it. its the icon on the bottom where you navigate between floor plan and dollhouse view. Dee can maybe fix it for you. She is the master Queen at Matterport when it comes to these type of things. Hope this helps.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not sure the Mesh View is there anymore. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see that option in the New Workshop?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Wow thanks for all your advice. And a Sunday!

I’ll try all of the above. I scanned externally in 360 then converted to 3D on iPad having rotated them accordingly. I’ll double check all rotations make sense.

Will spit up my revisions and see what worked and will share.

Thanks again!

Angus
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It seems Matterport has done something totally wrong with 360. Before if you have them around a property you can see only those that should be on the same side of a property you are currently located or those that are in direct line of sight from there.

Now you can see 360 icons for the 360 scans from the back of a property even if you are standing in front of it and vice versa. Also I have a few where there is no way to go back inside from. Even though there are plenty of indoor scans close by.

Here is a copy of a tour https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=hAtDQMjau9c

If you jump to 360 outdoor located at the front of a property there is no blue icon to get back inside. Also all 360 you can see from there are 360 from the back. Also if you jump to 360 back scans you will see the icon for the one you just jumped from.

The only way to get back inside from the front is to use floorplan or dollhouse view.

I used 360 before and there was always a way to go back inside from them. And from each 360 you could only see those that were on the same side only or in a direct line of sight.

As for converting them into 3D. I have some where this option is not even offered. And for all of them I have done for this property they have never appeared where they have been actually taken. I have had to move them manually.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
It'll be great when there's more user control over the process. I certainly have no knowledge of the coding complexity of these things, but it sure is easy to link 360s however you want on dashboards like NodalView. It's actually fun linking them, like making a link jump from Master Bedroom balcony to Aerial panos and back. (see attached)

User control is the key. I know, much easier here than lining up point clouds, but we should have more control to correct issues ourselves instead of bugging Dee, don't you think? As photographers, we were on-site so we can recognize where images should go to properly line up.

Post 10 IP   flag post
101735 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?