Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Ricoh Theta Z1The 360 GuyVideo

Video: Ricoh Theta Z1 Review: Worth the Hype?9315

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Ricoh Theta Z1 Review: Worth the Hype? | Video courtesy of The 360 Guy YouTube Channel

Hi All,

360º Camera Subject Matter Expert The 360 Guy writes on his YouTube Chanel:

The Ricoh Theta Z1 is the best 360 camera for photography right now. That's my conclusion after using it for a few weeks.

The Ricoh Theta Z1 utilizes two 1 inch sensors that are far bigger than the sensors found in most 360 cameras. This allows the camera to capture more detail, light and accurate colors. The ability to shoot in DNG RAW mode as well as the new Adobe Lightroom plugin means you can create near DSLR quality 360 images at the push of a button.

While the camera is expensive it is mainly aimed at professionals and businesses who require a quick all in one system for shooting high quality 360 images. The Z1 has all the features necessary to ensure high quality 360 images in nearly any environment, including variable aperture and full manual control.

Source: The 360 Guy

Are video like this helpful to you?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod since I don't have time to research all this stuff it is nice to see helpful hints on new equipment, services and or opinions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
My experience so far:

Theta image shot with theta app almost identical to Matterport image extracted at wide setting and exported highest resolution.

Matterport capture seems to degrade the image. It’s only 1700 pixels tall when extracted at high res and loses detail. (Color and exposure identical to MP.)

Establishing alignment in an existing MP tour is problematic. Always takes several attempts but at least it’s near instantaneous unlike the 5 minutes waiting for blk. Tour started with theta is a breeze.

I love the concept of doing a whole job with just an iPhone and a camera the same size as the phone. Doing one tomorrow in Knoxville. Will post.

Biggest problem is getting out of sight if you’re in a big open area. Sure wish you could control one hemisphere at a time!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright

I moved your Matterport Pro 2 Camera versus Ricoh Theta Z1 review to a new discussion:

Matterport Pro2Tour versus Matterport Tour Created with Ricoh Theta Z1

best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?