Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ArchivingDeleting ModelsMatterport 2019 New PricingPrivate

Deleting Models vs. Making Private9305

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed that my Matterport account no longer shows how many models I have, but rather how many "Public Spaces" I have.

I take it this means that duplicates of models that are not made public no longer count toward the limits of each "classic" account (e.g., for my Business Account it is 300 spaces, although I am well over that any pay overage fees).

Does this mean its safe to not have to delete models and simply making them private will keep my model count down?

There's so little transparency with all this... it's just crazy!
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
You can see the number of models in "Statistics".

You can also see that information under your profile "Usage"... There, under "usage history", you can see if a Space is standard, large, or a re-upload.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio Thanks... never knew to look there for "Usage"

When I pull that up it shows

And when I pull up how many are public I get

I guess that means that it is not enough to set them to private and I must continue to delete them to have them not count toward the number of spaces hosted.

That's a real shame because when you delete a model you delete the statistics associated with it. It was a proud moment when we crossed the Million Impressions threshold, but having to delete those models that aren't necessary to keep public anymore means that we lower our stats accordingly.
Post 3 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that's a lot of models you keep alive! Are you sure you're not getting killed by monthly fees with these numbers?

I can confirm that in order to keep the hosted count under the threshold (100 for me), I have to delete the Spaces as soon as the property is out of the market. The commercial spaces are/were always an issue because they are there long term. That being said, I think commercial spaces are even worst with the new plans:
Before, with the Standard Plan (100 Spaces), you could literally host 100 models for $49/mo. That's $0.49/model/mo. (considering the processing fees were already paid previously).

With the new plan, it's 5 times more expensive ($269/100 = $2.69/model/mo.), plus you have to pay for the full year in advance!

Let's hope Matterport rolls back, like they did for their last "great" idea
Post 4 IP   flag post
101628 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?