Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google CardboardVirtual RealitywebGL

Google Cardboard & Matterport93

DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Curious if anyone has heard anything about being able to use WebGL version of Matterport tour with Google Cardboard.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jessetutt private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried using using a model in the the oculus rift, but the results were not of a high enough quality.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Were you using the mesh view on unity or showcase view on WebGL. I agree that unity stuff I've seen demonstrated on Oculus Rift isn't good enough for practical use. The demonstration Matterport had with Samsung VR at NAR convention was the showcase view. They haven't released the app yet, but I'm curious if anyone has found a work around.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DoyleRealtor Not exactly your answer, but related. This item about using Google Cardboard with Google Street View and Business View.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
There are 2 apps in the Google Play store for Google Cardboard that feature models you can walk through. It is only a matter of time before Matterport releases their app for Samsung VR. I'm really hoping it'll be available to Google Cardboard as well. This will be an affordable way for consumers to be able to experience the 3D tours, and will help the platform catch on more quickly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
pthor private msg quote post Address this user
@jessetutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessetutt
I've tried using using a model in the the oculus rift, but the results were not of a high enough quality.

Jesse,
Could you elaborate a little more on that? Quality is very subjective and I'd like to hear your opinion to improve our process.

Was it a DK1 or DK2? What FPS did you achieve?

Cheers,
Peter
Post 6 IP   flag post
Vincentlublink private msg quote post Address this user
I think he meens the 3D models that come out of Matterport are far from Hi quality, wobbely low 3D..., when you trow the model in a 3D programm it's Fine to play with Bud not for the public jet, i hoop...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Connected photospheres that you can explored in VR are practical, but the quality isn't there for mesh view quite yet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
jessetutt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.

I used the dk2. I just mean the quality was not high enough for me to spend the money and time showing clients. I did not do the high resolution option in the Matterport guide however so this might be worth testing!

Can't remember FPS sorry.

JT
Post 9 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone tried the VR conversion on cardboard yet. I talked to Matt Bell last week and he said the conversions would work for samsung gear or cardboard and that they had a demo for samsung grear and would have one for cardboard "probably within a week or two" I would like to see one!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah would like to know aswell as a cheaper alternative to the gear vr. Dan posted this link that shows all the cardboard clones available.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hmm my conversion only works on gear VR I'll have to ask about cardboard
Post 12 IP   flag post
"We haven't publicly released a Cardboard demo yet, but we have an internal one. We'll probably have a public one in a few weeks. The big challenge with Cardboard is that performance varies widely based on what phone you have. "

Conversation with Matt Bell today
Post 13 IP   flag post
His statement is extremely accurate. That is both the best and worst part about Google Cardboard.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hey Doyle,
I just got my cardboard today. Do you have a cardboard demo or content I just need to try. I have the iphone 6+, how does this stack up?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Try this http://demo.spherecast.org/2

It's in beta so it may not load properly.

There's a bunch of random apps that are fun too, just browse the app store
Post 16 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates on Google Cardboard and Matterport?
Post 17 IP   flag post
I haven't heard of any, however they're involved with project tango and were a part of a recent google real estate tech conference. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a version for cardboard in the future. I imagine the varying screen sizes and technology within each phone makes it harder to develop for cardboard.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Niels private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates by now?
Post 19 IP   flag post
101429 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?