Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingVersus

How will Matterport competitors respond to new Matterport Pricing?9298

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

If you have been researching Matterport versus other platforms, how does the new Matterport pricing affect your decision to either go with Matterport or another platform?

And, do you think that the Matterport competitor(s) – that you are researching – will need to change their pricing?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport is Ferrari, GEOcv is a Lamborghini and all the others are Minivans. Others dont compare because they are not as exciting around the race track.....

Matterport only has one competitor and they priced themselves higher than Matterport (you have to pay per camera)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is Matterport will own GEOcv soon so waiting to make any move may be the smart call.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @hometakes
Matterport is Ferrari, GEOcv is a Lamborghini and all the others are Minivans. Others dont compare because they are not as exciting around the race track.....

Excellent analogy.

(What kind of car do you drive?)

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
My guess is Matterport will own GEOcv soon so waiting to make any move may be the smart call.

Please see this related WGAN Forum discussion:

10 Reasons Matterport will acquire GeoCV

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I drive my Ferrari to the job...in my mini van.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@rzphotoma I think you may be correct. I think this too because of GEOcv's pricing when they released it. If they were in talks, you wouldn't want to upset Matterport by releasing lower pricing as the perception would be that Matterport is charging to much. So GEOcv actually made their pricing higher. Thats what I would do if I were hoping to be bought out as I wouldn't want to rattle their cage.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I drive a French Ferrari...... An RCZ..... They're not available in the USA.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
@rzphotoma I think you may be correct. I think this too because of GEOcv's pricing when they released it. If they were in talks, you wouldn't want to upset Matterport by releasing lower pricing as the perception would be that Matterport is charging to much. So GEOcv actually made their pricing higher. Thats what I would do if I were hoping to be bought out as I wouldn't want to rattle their cage.

Interesting analysis.

Do you think that Matterport told GeoCV - before GeoCV launched nationally in late January 2019 – what its pricing strategy would be effective today (9 May 2019)?

That's at least four (4) months advance notice. I would be surprised if a 'secret' could be kept more than a day or two.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Im sure Anton would be the only one to know that so unless he wanted to squeal on himself thats not a hard one to keep. Thats about the only thing that makes sense to me regarding GEOcv's announced pricing.

GEOcv could easily have smashed Matterports pricing to pieces by offering the same monthly pricing of $149 but included unlimited models and host your own (not floor plans, they should always remain extra as some man power is needed for them). Pretty much everyone would jump ship over to GEOcv.

Maybe he was going to do that when Matterport said, look, hold off on doing that as we plan on buying you out so we want to keep the prices high. Matter of fact, we are planning on raising our prices so why don't you announce your higher price when you roll out and shortly after we will raise ours. That way, people will perceive the same value......

Of course, this is just a best guess and nothing more from me..........
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@hometakes

I can not imagine Matterport or GeoCV doing something unethical and illegal.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Illegal, how's that?
Post 12 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
According to german and I assume also other european country laws, not providing localized legals (only marketing is translated) on the Matterport website is already somehow illegal. Berlin court has punched WhatsApp in 2016 for this:

A German Court found that the general terms and conditions as well as the data privacy declaration of WhatsApp are without a German translation not transparent and therefore invalid under German law.

http://www.elexica.com/en/legal-topics/commercial/whatsapp-has-to-translate-its-general-terms-and-conditions-into-german
Post 13 IP   flag post
3D_Hoffa private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Yeah, cause Matterport is soooo ethical.
Post 14 IP   flag post
3D_Hoffa private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes Kind of interesting that GeoCV has not responded to this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Ive told them quite a few times what I thought about their pricing (being through the roof that is). I guess they are tired of hearing it and have nothing to add. They still haven't publicized the pricing so that has to tell everyone something right there....

Cant help but voice my opinion that their pricing is so out of touch with the realtor market. You'd think id be completely booked up all day every day with a package that I offer my customers: Unlimited HDR photos, a video tour (12 ground video scenes plus drone aerial video)and a Matterport 3D tour with no size limit all for just $369. But out of the last 50 packages I sold only 2 were this package. 40 were packages that cost $199 and 8 were $119 packages. So the sweet spot is the $200 price range (or so)that the majority want to spend. I was willing to just cover my additional labor cost and ad it to the price of my $199 package and include a 3D Tour on all of my tours. I could have done this if GEOcv offered their unlimited everything plan for $149 per month. Told them that if they did that, they would knock every pitch out of the ball park and everyone would jump ship from Matterport. Also told them that their exposure of tours would sky rocket with no limitation of tours being active. But greed seems to get the better of these 3D companies for something where human labor is not needed as its all done in the cloud, like there's not a gazillion dollars in mark up for what they pay for cloud hosting to the $1800 a year per account. Should be selling the cameras at their cost too (I figure about about $1000 including configuration and shipping).

😀
Post 16 IP   flag post
101436 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?