Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ArchivingBackUpMatterport 2019 New Pricing

Matterport Archiving Does Not Address Restore to iPad9295

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Archiving Does Not Address Restore to iPad

Hi All,

In the new Matterport pricing announced today (Thursday, 9 May 2019), Matterport adds a (long overdue) archiving feature.

Presently, the archiving feature has two purposes:

✓ we no longer need to delete models to stay within pricing tiers (if we are on the new pricing plans)
✓ we can set models to active (public, private, shareable) or archived

While the news about archiving is silent on a restore to iPad feature (so that we can re-trim a model that we deleted), I could imagine that the Matterport technology roadmap includes building this out in Matterport Workshop so that all the post production that we now do on an iPad such as trimming and deleting scans can be done in the Cloud.

This matters because:

1. Matterport Service Providers would no longer worry about having to save a model on an iPad
2. We could save money by buying iPads with the least amount of storage (good for Matterport too)
3. We could always revisit a model in the Cloud to edit in the future (stuff happens)
4. We would no longer need to make tough decisions about deleting versus cost of storage (good for Matterport too)

Let’s hope that the Matterport archiving announcement today (Thursday, 9 May 2019) is the beginning of a new chapter in building out the Matterport platform with professional real estate photographers in mind.

What are your thoughts about Matterport archiving?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
This is good timing for me since my iPad is getting full. It may be a good option when trying to decide on what to do with all the old models.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
This is good timing for me since my iPad is getting full. It may be a good option when trying to decide on what to do with all the old models.

If you switched to the new pricing, all your Matterport 3D Tours could be archived. That said, I could imagine that you need many to be public for your special project. So, seems like you would be better off either:

✓ keeping existing "classic" pricing
✓ keeping existing "classic" pricing AND starting an NEW, separate pricing plan

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

Also, archiving does not let you restore to iPad. So, if you delete your spaces from your iPad (and have them stored in the Matterport Cloud) AND then need to edit an old model, you are (presently) out-of-luck.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?