Connecting 3D/360° Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 46,220 Page Views | 12,048 Visitors | 81 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 59,273  |  Total Topics: 9,101
5,075 WGAN Members in 128 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Live at 5
Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell
on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially
WGAN-TV: Coming Up
Live at 5
5 pm EDT (GMT -5)
12-16 August 2019
Add to My Calendar WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | All Videos
Matterport 2019 New Pricing Announcement

How to game the new Matterport Pricing9290

WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
[This question was originally posted in this related WGAN Forum discussion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by @3dshowcaseuk
Thanks dan

Can existing users open a new account.

Transfer old tours into new account from old and archive?

Thanks

@3dshowcaseuk

Actually, since you had a Matterport account as of Wednesday, 8 May 2019, you have a choice:

✓ keep your existing "old" Matterport pricing
✓ switch to the new Matterport pricing (which includes all your existing models and then, as you suggest archive a ton of models so that they are not active. (active models "count" for billing).

I could also imagine that some Matterport Service Providers that have hundreds of Matterport 3D Tours in all "old" account will keep the account and get a new account. This way, they can have hundreds of active Spaces and use the new account for processing and then transfer the model from the new account to the old account.

This scenario probably applies if you have:

✓ hundreds of Matterport spaces in an "old" account (original pricing grandfathered in)
✓ prolific at shooting and processing

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
Did we know this was coming? I would have upgraded to a higher classic account before hand.is it too late now?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I would assume that when old models exceed the maximum allowable limit, there's an overage fee of $20 or $29 per model billed against the old account depending on the "old" grandfathered agreement from month ago of scans in a model over 100 scans or 200+ models (nothing free here). Confused yet ????
Post 3 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwrth13
Did we know this was coming? I would have upgraded to a higher classic account before hand.is it too late now?

Hi @foxwrth13 . It's too late.

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021581334

I’m a CURRENT Matterport customer. Can I switch between the classic plans?

Existing customers on classic plans can only keep your current classic plan or upgrade to one of the new plans. For example, if you are on Basic (Classic) then you can stay on that plan (but not change to another classic plan). Or, you can upgrade to a new plan like Professional. Once you upgrade, you cannot go back to your old classic plan. Contact customer support if you have a specific issue related to your account.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That really sucks
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
@TakedaSan

Thanks for finding that Support notice on this issue. Great find ...

@foxwrth13

Please write Matterport Support and make the ask and see what they say (and please let us know).

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Will do. Question Dan. Is it possible to have more than one account? One classic and one of the new ones for example?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by @foxwrth13
Is it possible to have more than one account? One classic and one of the new ones for example?

@foxwrth13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
I could also imagine that some Matterport Service Providers that have hundreds of Matterport 3D Tours in all "old" account will keep the account and get a new account. This way, they can have hundreds of active Spaces and use the new account for processing and then transfer the model from the new account to the old account.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yes, Matterport is doing us a great favour!

I have tried to caculate the value of my "grandfathered" account and its more than cost me the two cameras
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
I have to shake my head at whoever came up with this pricing scheme:

Let's say you wanted to go with the Business Plus to allow for 250 Active models...

The cost is $7188/year.

Why not just go with 5 Professional Plus plans instead to host 250 Active models. Each plan would be $1316/year x 5 = $6580/year.

You would save $608... not to mention you could add the extra plans as you needed them (e.g. Business plan is 100 active models whereas with Business plus you jump up to 250 right away... let's say you had 125 models...get 3 Professional plus plans... Now you are up to 180 models... get 4 professional plus plans.... etc. Much cheaper than jumping up to 250 right away).

Doesn't seem well thought out in my opinion!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I started year ago with their basic plan hopping that once I get more orders for Matterport I would upgrade to their next tier plan. But with their new plans there is nothing for me to upgrade to. And it is not because of how much they ask now, it is their stupid "Active model" scheme. My current client alone will have at least 10 models active, possibly for years.

Not sure what to do apart for looking for alternatives.
I would consider GEOCV but then I cannot do property tours as they are not accepted by two majors property listings websites in Australia. The same reason I cannot do custom tours with Pano2VR.

All I can say for now is "Thank you" Matterport for screwing me.

That's the price any small business would pay eventually for following someone much much bigger. I would understand if there were some benefits for Matterport to do these new plans but I cannot get where there is any in that strange behaviour.

It is like eBay all over again for me when they pushed 1000s if not 10000s of small businesses away just to bring KMart, Target or any other big chain retailer to their platform. And I guess they did it all because Amazon was coming to Australia.
Post 11 IP   flag post
59987 11 11
destitute