Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BuyGearReal EstateSellTips

Starting a business9278

theone05 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, i would like to start bussiness with matterport camera (virtual tours for real estate agents). I already have and iPad, ordered matterport camera. What do i need more ?

I saw data from matterport are uploaded on my.matterport. In which format i download them ? How to send it to a customer...

How to make videos like this with matterport ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebyz8xxoK1w&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1_6G44G-NxqV8zioE_Osq-eDdyts3G1LztDL1yaAe21Iv1zr8atoQ8NkQ

Maybe some of the questions look stupid but im beginner and im trying to know as much as possible. If you have any tips, guides, videos which could help me, i would appreciate it. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
When you get your camera and pay your first monthly fee, you will receive access to Matterport support with a mass of videos and documents. You can also join the Matterport service providers Facebook page. You have a lot of homework to study! Good luck.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@theone05 the video you referenced was likely done with screen capture software. There's lots of different programs that will allow you to do that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Network. Nobody cares about your business, except you. Sending out emails is a start but you will actually have to call other humans. Start with people you know. Ask them if they know realtors or other business owners who need a virtual tour. You might have to do some freebies to learn. Ask friends who have nice houses if you could practice, so that when you do get a job you sorta of know what you are doing. Do not get hung up with the small stuff at first. Do not mention that it costs $19 to process a space. Don’t say floor plans cost $14.95
All of that will work itself out as you go. As a matter of fact. The first few houses you do. Just add the floor plan in and use it for your marketing. The important thing is to get a few jobs. Any job - don’t turn you nose up to the 1500 sq ft beater. Remember- you also don’t need to show everything you shot on your gallery page either! The site is a great resource use it. Get a Word Press site and use WP3D. That is a must have for any Matterport shooter.
Good Luck!!👍
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone05
How to make videos like this with matterport ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebyz8xxoK1w

You can definitely use some screen capture software to create a video. Just google for one for your OS.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHH
When you get your camera and pay your first monthly fee, you will receive access to Matterport support with a mass of videos and documents.

I guess you mean MSP(Matterport Service Partner) I believe you need to apply it manually to be a part of MSP network and get access to that library.

At least I do not remember to receive any email from Matterport asking me to join MSP network. However you can always go to the link below and apply yourself
https://matterport.com/matterport-service-partner-network/

P.S. May be I have never received an invitation to join MSP because I bought my camera second hand.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman If you bought second hand that would explain it. I believe any service provider can apply.

@theone05 You do not download from Matterport. You use the Capture app on your iPad, upload the data to Matterport who create the 3D Tour that then sits on their servers. Your clients access it from there.

Camtasia is a good screen capture. You do need to understand video editing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy
Network. Nobody cares about your business, except you. Sending out emails is a start but you will actually have to call other humans.

Calling never worked for us. Even when a person sounds like they are interested over the phone, gives you his/her email address for more information they have never come back.

Walk in works much better and I have developed some tactic how to get some interest. Real estate agents are the easiest to trick.

Before you go to some agency pick 1-2 agents from their website, look at their previous sold listings 6 or more months old, look through the photos of one listing to make sure you can say something about that property and make up a short story why you have not bought it.

Then when you walk in and see that agent, pause for 1-2 seconds looking at the agent, like you are trying to remember something and start by saying that "I think I have seen you at some inspection at .....(address of that property)"

That will be your conversation starter. May be follow the start with a couple of compliments about how this agent handled that inspection in a professional way. Then after a minute of discussion about that property and how you like the agent you can move to selling your service. Trust me they will never shoosh you off if you start that way and you will get some attention for 5 and more minutes when they will actually listen to what you are offering.

You can do it over a phone but it is much harder. With face to face you look like you are recognizing a person while over the phone it is harder to do.

It worked over the phone once with us but only because the agent(currently director of an agency) we were calling sold a house to my business partner and his wife. So when his wife called that agent and mentioned it from the beginning they had a chat for 15 minutes about their kids and family and it was easy for the wife to switch to offering Matterport to that agent. It is a true story though about the house, not sure what can be made up in this situation over a phone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Also not sure if it is a good idea but I am testing it now. I went to some agency 3 weeks ago and had a chat with an agent at their reception about Matterport tours. I was actually started talking with their receptionist first and some agent came from a back office and started listening. He looked very interested and asked to email him all details. I emailed everything to him and three weeks later no contact from the agent.

Since it is just 300m away from me and I walk pass that agency quite often I visited them again 2 days ago. Turn out that agency changed franchise brand but the agent was still working there. Asked him what he thinks about using tours and get a standard "As soon as there is a property that needs it I will contact you. I asked if there is a current one listed that he would like to do a free tour for and he said that there is one he would like to try it for. And today morning I went scanning it.

Sure I do not not make money from it directly but at least that agent can see how it is going to be easier to sell with the tour. Plus we have agreed since it is free for the agent my company name will be in tour details section. So even though the agent may not order any other paid tour from me I will definitely get my business name promoted on two biggest australian MLS websites with over 2 billion clicks per month.
Post 9 IP   flag post
theone05 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all advices. Somebody of you said something about pricing per building. How much would cost me scanning 2 floor house ? 315 sq meters. I cant find exact pricing list to know how much i profit on the building.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?