Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Ricoh Theta Z1Vanish 360

Ricoh Theta Z1 Test in Matterport 3D Tour9270

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
My front yard with the Z1. Not bad. Alignments were sporadic. Image quality could be a little better but it beats the socks off the V. (I should have snuck a MP scan in there for comparison - next time.) I'm happy - it's a keeper.

Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks really good was there any issue with capture app and were you able to set camera settings prior to using it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
No access to settings that I can find. it looks like hdr but I don't know.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright

Thanks for sharing your test mashing up the Ricoh Theta Z1 with Matterport.

The imagine quality is AMAZING.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
I am assuming you have to hide from the camera for every shot? Would using a MatterPort camera actually be much quicker because you can just stand behind the camera?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Something I’m studying. Wish you could take the shot by hemisphere.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The obvious advantage being Z will go where the Pro2 dares not.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
That would be a great feature! When would you use the Z1 over the Pro2? I've considered buying the Z1 for simple 360 photo add one to my normal real estate photography along with possibly offering Zillow 3D Home tours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I spoke with Theta and they recommended to use the APP Vanish 360, which takes a little bit of time but will allow the APP to remove you from the 360 photo. It works pretty good. But again another work around and I agree triggering 1/2 a sphere would be easiest.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
How did you get your hands on one? Everywhere I look they are on preorder. What am I missing?
Post 10 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
And other than price, can someone educate me on how/why this is better than converting Matterport 360 to 3D? That's an honest question. I'm considering buying one of these so I can scan outside but I'm a bit unclear.

Is it the same process? I have had limited success with the Matterport 360 to 3D conversion and it sounds like its not really different with the z1. I still have a pro 1 and am considering a pro 2 as well but it sound like pro 2 users have the same spotty conversion success. The image quality of the z1 does look better though.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@HarlanHambright

Thanks again for sharing your testing. If possible, please share some more!

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
@DaK I have the ThetaV and what I like about using it is the speed and price of the camera. I have Pro 1&2 and Theta V, I have tested the thetaV have not used it on actual model yet. But during the testing I would use the Theta cameras on jobs where time is extremely restricted. If I just had a Pro1 I would seriously consider the Theta Z. Since I have only seen the test results I would buy it first less money up front and what I have seen quality is very good. Just my input. Probably in the next few months I will buy the ThetaZ and sell the V on eBay.

Ron
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

Can you post some examples?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
I have tested the ThetaV it private locations during training sessions and cannot post these But within a the next few weeks I am going to try a side by side test with the Pro2 and ThetaV those I will post Dan.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

Love it! Side-by-Side test with Pro2 and Ricoh Theta V. Please start a new topic, when you are ready to share your comparison.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone please post a RICOH THETA Z1 virtual tour. I am looking to downsize my equipment size when possible and this would go a long ways if it has similar quality to the matterport camera. A side by side would be amazing!
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
101717 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?