Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LevelQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: How do you level your Matterport Pro 3D Camera?9251

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Saturday, 4 May 2019:

How do you level your Matterport Pro 3D Camera?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Very low - tech: I use an inexpensive (bright orange) 6" bubble level placed on the top of the camera, orienting along the direction of the 3 legs. I use the leg clamps for large changes in level, the wheels on the Desmond leveler for smaller changes.

KF
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I tighten my manfrotto leg every couple hours and let the weight of the camera and gravity take their course and pray that my shot falls into the 15% variance.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Normally a quick violent strike to the lower legs of the tripod levels the camera. Then I spend the rest of the day balling my eyes out !!
Post 4 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
I do plan on buying a bubble level but so far I'm pretty low tech too. I try to sight line the ceiling as parallel to the top of the camera and not change the height of the camera unless absolutely necessary.

I just did a shoot for a friend, probono, who has an overseas military member as a buyer client. I found out why we should carry a few rubber door stops. First time I had an issue with that but I don't think he noticed my sneaker holding the door open LOL. He thought it was awesome.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
iphone has a level app on it... since matterport can handle a few degrees off, it works perfectly!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WallsCouldTalk private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a high quality bullseye level that is 2-3/8" diameter. I attached it using industrial velcro because it won't go in the case without altering the foam insert or removing the level before packing the camera away. I verify it is level using a Bosch laser measuring tool after attaching to the top. If it is a little off, I press on it until it matches the laser level. It holds its position very well once it is set. I use a geared head on my tripod, so I can look down at the bullseye with one hand on each axis knob and bring it withing 1° very quickly.

Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?