Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGANTV Live at 5ZillowZillow 3D Home

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home with Zillow Sr Dir9177

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home with Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg

Hi All,

How do you make money with Zillow 3D Home?

Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg will be my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EDT - GMT -5) on Thursday, 9 May 2019.

In addition to covering How do real estate photographers make money with Zillow 3D Home, during this show, we'll cover:

✓ the gear
✓ how to shoot
✓ how to do post production
✓ Does Zillow treat listings differently that have a Zillow 3D Home tour associated with it?
✓ Zillow research about why real estate agents outsource shooting these
✓ the benefits to the homeowner (real estate photographers wants to understand this)
✓ the benefits of Zillow 3D Home to agents and brokers (photographers want to understand this)
✓ the benefits to real estate photographers
✓ Zillow’s big picture vision for Zillow 3D Home (Including why this will grow business for Pros)
✓ a demo of shooting with a 360º 1-click camera
✓ a demo of back-end workflow
✓ Why Zillow 3D Home is called Zillow 3D Home and not Zillow 360º Tour? (What’s 3D about it?)

You (all) are invited to join the show to discuss and ask Josh your questions directly.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Previous WGAN-TV Live at 5 Show featuring Zillow ...

WGAN-TV Live at 5: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies (15 November 2018)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here's the media release from Zillow ...

I added some bolding for those skimming ...

Dan

---

Zillow Launches AI-Powered 3D Home Tours Across United States and Canada

The expansion follows a pilot program of the Zillow 3D Home app in select U.S. markets and is the first time 3D home tour technology is widely available for free

SEATTLE – April 22, 2019 – Millions of home buyers and sellers will soon experience immersive virtual home tours with the launch of Zillow 3D Home™ nationwide in the United States and Canada.

Zillow 3D Home is an AI-powered mobile app for iOS devices that allows anyone to capture 360-degree panoramic photos of a home and easily create a 3D tour, entirely for free. Launching 3D Home nationwide will not only offer sellers an easy way to enhance their home listings, at no cost, but also provide buyers with a more authentic, immersive experience of a home and help them save time by narrowing down the homes they visit in person.

Making 3D home tours available to everyone, on every listing, for free, in the U.S. and Canada is a huge milestone in our work to make the real estate transaction a more seamless, on-demand experience for consumers,” said Josh Weisberg, Senior Director of Product Management leading Zillow’s Rich Media Experiences team. “Previously, only high-end or expensive homes included 3D tours due to the high cost and time-intensive capture process. Now with 3D Home, adding tours to a home listing is as easy as clicking a button.”

3D Home initially launched in January 2018 in select U.S. markets, though Zillow quickly saw strong demand for the technology across the country. During the pilot program, nearly half of the thousands of 3D tours created were generated outside of markets supported at the time.

According to the 2018 Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report, 45% of Gen Z and 41% of Millennial buyers find 3D tours or recorded video of a home very or extremely important in helping them decide on their home. This trend only stands to increase given these tech-savvy generations now make up the largest group of first-time home buyers.

Adoption of 3D Home among real estate agents and photographers has also proved to help them stand out to prospective clients by providing a fast, free, and easy way to enhance their listings’ and attract more potential buyers. Using 3D Home, agents can quickly and easily add tours to any listing without any cost or fees, while photographers can shoot an entire house in as little as 15-20 minutes, helping them serve more clients at a lower cost. During the 3D Home pilot program, real estate professionals reported that listings with 3D tours attracted more potential buyers, earning higher listing views and engagement than those without 3D media.

The app, currently available for iOS devices, works by capturing 360-degree panoramic images, using either an iPhone or a 360-degree Ricoh Theta V or Z1 camera that integrates with the app. When using only an iPhone, photos are shot within the app as on-screen instructions provide guidance for capturing the best possible images. Once the entire house has been shot and photos are uploaded to Zillow, the app uses several sophisticated technologies in tandem – from computer vision to deep learning – to stitch together seamless 3D tours, enhance photos’ exposure, and select thumbnail images that best represent each room. Once complete, tours are immediately available in the “My 3D Home” dashboard to edit, share privately, or add directly to a listing on Zillow.

Today’s nationwide launch of 3D Home follows other recent steps in Zillow’s journey toward fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell homes, including the ongoing rapid expansion of the company’s home-buying and -selling program, Zillow Offers, and pilot of the Zillow app’s “Tour It Now” feature, which allows home shoppers to tour a Zillow-owned home whenever they want, no appointment needed.

Zillow

Zillow® is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with great real estate professionals. Zillow serves the full lifecycle of owning and living in a home: buying, selling, renting, financing, remodeling and more. Zillow Offers provides homeowners in some metropolitan areas with the opportunity to receive offers to purchase their home from Zillow. When Zillow buys a home, it will make necessary updates and list the home for resale on the open market.

In addition to Zillow.com, Zillow operates the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps, with more than two dozen apps across all major platforms. Launched in 2006, Zillow is owned and operated by Zillow Group (NASDAQ:Z and ZG) and headquartered in Seattle.

Zillow is a registered trademark of Zillow, Inc. Zillow Offers is a trademark of Zillow, Inc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

What questions would you like me to ask during the show?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Reminder to tune in this Thursday (9 May 2019) to WGAN-TV Live at 5 – at 5 pm EDT | GMT -4 - for how to make money with Zillow 3D Home tours.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
I think this could be a great add on to my current services (I currently provide photography, video, drone, Matterport, and property websites) but wish I could use my current tools to create the Zillow 3D Home tours. Such as exporting the Matterport 360 views to upload to a Zillow 3D Home tour. Or use my DSLR with fisheye and rotating head to create panos to upload to Zillow. Or use my drone to take aerial panos that can be uploaded.

If I could use my current tools that I already have, this would be a no brainer add on in my mind. I am considering picking up the Theta Z1 for this but am hesitant.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sherpa_media

Thanks for planning to tune in. I will ask questions about why we can't use existing tools to create Zillow 3D Home tours: particularly Matterport, Cupix and GeoCV which are all 3D Tours.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Zillow 3D Tour by Greater Los Angeles Matterport Service Provider Home3D.us (@Home3D) Kevin Dole

Matterport model - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=x56G6WpRQAv
Matterport 3D Tour by Greater Los Angeles Matterport Service Provider Home3D.us (@Home3D) Kevin Dole

GeoCV with exterior terrain - http://Calabasas3D.com (in WP3D wrapper with my video and stills, FYI)Could not convert linkGeoCV 3D Tour by Greater Los Angeles Matterport Service Provider Home3D.us (@Home3D) Kevin Dole

Nodalview - https://www.nodalview.com/Pgwg1tnC58nr2i5J7ExDdgMQ
Nodalview 360º Tour by Greater Los Angeles Matterport Service Provider Home3D.us (@Home3D) Kevin Dole

Hi All,

Greater Los Angeles Matterport Service Provider Home3D.us (@Home3D) Kevin Dole shot the SAME luxury home with Zillow, Matterport, Nodalview and GeoCV (above).

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 tomorrow (Thursday, 9 May 2019), we'll talk about how to make money with Zillow 3D Home.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Two questions Dan

1) why do they not allow branding on the tours?

2) Is it true that agents are required to post it on all their media sites and those of their brokers thus obviously driving the client to Zillow and away from the agents media areas?

...and a 3rd ?. Why is this considered cutting edge? We have been linking 360's including aerial for tours (that also allow branding, embedding media and audio) for a couple years.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@THRHHI

Thanks for the questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRHHI
1) why do they not allow branding on the tours?

I am confused. There is a branding opportunity in the top left for either real estate agents or the photographer (not both).

I will ask Q2 and Q3. Can you clarify the branding question?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,
In response to your question I was going by their regulations from the Zillow website.See below. I guess i was a little confused on the branding aspect but i am not sure what "other user interface elements" are.

"Additionally, you agree to comply with the following submission guidelines:

+ + +
DO upload quality panoramas through the 3D Home app.
DO share your 3D Homes through your brokerage/agent website and related social media accounts.
DO add objective labels to your upload (“Kitchen,” “Living room,” “Master bath”).
DO include an appropriate number of panoramas to represent the property.
ONLY associate a tour with an address with the permission of the homeowner.

– – –
DO NOT include branding, images or other text in the panoramas or in other user interface elements on the 3D Home viewer.
DO NOT crop or zoom panoramas.
DO NOT upload panoramas that include people, pets or other private information.
DO NOT upload panoramas for properties you do not own or have the owner’s permission to upload.
DO NOT add subjective labels to your upload (“Best view in Seattle,” “Awesome kitchen”).
DO NOT make any inaccurate representations about a property.
DO NOT upload blurry, poorly lit or otherwise low-quality panoramas.
DO NOT let anyone else use your account to create a 3D Home."

Thanks
Tom
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
QUESTIONS:
1) When will you incorporate PHOTOGRAPHER identification in 3D Home tours? During the testing phase, I produced many of these and my own identification appeared in the upper left corner of the first launch image. Once the tour began, this changed to Zillow's "Z" logo, but at least my creator ID was shown at the beginning.

NOW that the system is live, there seems to be NO IDENTIFICATION of the Photographer at all. For your information, this ELIMINATES my primary motivation to offer this service to my clients. It's bad enough that we get no credit for our still photo work through the MLS. If Zillow will credit the photographer, Zillow will greatly increase the use of this system. Personally, without credit, I won't recommend it to anyone.

2) Zillow Videos were okay, though extremely limited in flexibility and image quality. But Zillow was smart to permit videographers to provide Professional Videos to Zillow where they were linked to the same "VIDEO" button. This needs to be done with the 3D Home system as well. Since the 3D Home tour is installed via one single pano appearing in the photo set, and clicking this launches the 360° walkthrough tour, let photographers provide one single, separate pano and a link to a tour such as Nodalview, which offers much better HDR and the benefit of using aerial panos as well. Just as simple to execute as installing a professional video vs. a Zillow video, and it delivers a better experience and value to Zillow visitors.

Yes, yes, I KNOW that Zillow hates Matterport. Fine, so leave Matterport out and only offer this "professional" replacement to other 360° tour platforms. But give us professional options, please.

3) As for the 3rd question from @THRHHI , you're right the tech is far from "cutting edge". However, it's significant that it's being done by Zillow. Their decision to do this exposes millions of people to home walkthroughs, and that's very good for all of us.

Dan, thanks for setting up this event. I look forward to watching.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Here's why I want to see NodalView as a more professional option on the Zillow "3D View" link:

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@THRHHI

Thanks for the list. Super-helpful for today's (Thursday, 9 May 2019) WGAN-TV Live at 5.

@Home3D

Thanks for clarify the photographer / real estate agent (lack of) branding opportunity. That clears up the discussion by @THRHHI about no branding (while I was looking at your tours with branding).

Hi All,

Additional questions for my Zillow guest today?

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

An additional guest on the show today ....

My guests today are:

✓ Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg
✓ Zillow Senior Development Manager, Mitch Dawson.

Mitch will do a Zillow 3D Home demo.

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Live less than 60 minutes from now!

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Dan, another question.
I would love to know, with specific detail, what search "boost" Zillow will dependably provide to active listings which include a 3D Home walkthrough. How many weeks? And is there further benefit if a listing has BOTH a 3D Home and a Zillow (or professional) video?

My agent customers are asking this. It's part of the calculus of whether to bother with a 3D Home (my perspective) or to pay me to create one (agents' perspective). This dovetails with my insistence that Zillow provide a clear photographer credit always, from first day of active listing, on 3D Home walkthroughs. If Zillow does, I will provide this to clients at no additional charge (I've shot a NodalView every day this week) because I get a credit. If no credit, I won't, and most of my clients won't pay for 3D Home. They either want a professional walkthrough (MP or GeoCV) or they don't care about it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
😎🎈👍
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I apologize.

Technical challenges today with WGAN-TV Live at 5.

We did record the show.

I will post it here later tonight (Thursday, 9 May 2019).

In the mean time, you can see the show now on our YouTube Channel.

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home with with Zillow 3D Home with Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg and Zillow Senior Development Manager, Mitch Dawson

Hi All,

In addition to covering – How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home – we also covered:

✓ possibility of using other platforms to publish to Zillow 3D Home
✓ possibility of including the photographer's logo/link in the tour
✓ likelihood of other camera integration
✓ a demo on a Zillow 3D Home tour on Zillow
✓ a demo of the Zillow 3D Home iOS app
✓ and more

Best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Thanks so much for conducting this broadcast, Dan. Some great information. My tops "learns" are:

• They only give a 7-day boost for using this? Are you kidding? Why bother. They used to give over a month when you added a Zillow video or professional video.
• They REMOVED the photographer credit which was there in the upper left corner during the beta-test period. I'd shoot this for free (as an add-on) for the self-promotion, but I'm certainly not going to without a guaranteed credit, preferably 'persistent' like NodalView and GeoCV provide (and MP using MPembed via the copyright field)
• Great that they have added the built-in timer delay, that helps. But just as fast or faster with NodalView which rotates so you can stand behind, not have to dash out of the way.
• No progress on photographer being able to refine the panos or add additionals such as aerial panos. Again, the award goes to NodalView here, which has better HDR as well.

Take-away? If the listing boost is a mere 7 days, and no persistent, clear photographer credit, I'm not recommending to clients nor shooting for free as an add-on. And considering how few agents ever bothered to use Zillow videos (which 'agent-shot' generally looked so poor they down-sold the listing), I wonder how long this will last.

These are more involved to create than Zillow videos were so unless changes are instituted (sooner the better) I rate this a temporary fad. And I'm especially disappointed that concurrent with their launch of displaying 3D Home, they have relegated all display of videos to the very last, very bottom image in the entire gallery of a listing. What are they thinking? Are they trying to kill off the last use of video on Zillow? At least Realtor still has BOTH "3D View" and "VR Tour" (usable for video) buttons up on the main image, albeit they are too small to notice.

Maybe I'm wrong, but they seem not to understand how quality media is provided to the industry and buyers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod I enjoyed the full interview with Josh and Mitch. Thanks for your effort
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D @Tosolini

Much thanks for watching and your kind words.

@Home3D

Yes. Zillow – and all platforms (and even cameras) – (and MLS services) need to value that photographers are the creators of this content and should property credit our work (which leads to more professionally created content). Enabling "real estate" within the tour that includes our logo and link back to our website is essential to embracing the Pro Community.

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Transcript: WGAN-TV How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Good morning, Dan. Chiming in today to say that I remain a big fan of NodalView. I sincerely hope that Zillow incorporates these 360° tours into the Zillow 3D Home link. I find them easier to shoot, plus they look way better, plus I can include aerial panos, a fabulous feature. Right now, my clients prefer them enough to forego the short-term search boost Zillow offers for their own 360 tour. Photographers likewise would be motivated by NodalView's offering of a persistent attribution. Zillow (presumably) wants to be the YouTube of real estate. If it offers more and better media, it can get there over time. YouTube became YouTube by welcoming the best media and crediting its contributors. The same would work for Zillow.

For years Zillow has given us the ability to upload professional videos into the "Video" link, why not do the same for the "3D Walkthrough" link? All it takes is one featured pano which launches the tour - simple!
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Yes. Let's hope that Zillow is listening. They could take a huge leap forward with professional photographers by enabling the Nodalview experience.

the aerial as a hero imagine in your Nodalview tour example.

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
101436 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?