Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360SellZillowZillow 3D Home

Zillow 3D Homes goes National [USA and Canada]9166

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Zillow 3D goes National in US & Canada today
[Monday, 22 April 2019]
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
So will Real Estate Agents have to shoot Zillow tours and Matterport? Or only Zillow? What are the pros and cons for an agent who wants to shoot Zillow tours? What is the path to shoot a tour once and be able to distribute to multiple paths?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@izoneguy - Agents may "have" to do a Zillow 3D if they want something more than photos on the site advertising their listing. I do not see a Virtual Tour Link again on Zillow.

Missing Virtual Tour links, missing Video links and other features keep a sour taste in agents mouths. Which started about the time Zillow would market Listing Agent Properties and no longer share the buyer leads with the listing agent, only with the Zillow Premier Agents. Selling anything Zillow related to these agents with sourness will be an uphill battle.

For those agents willing to listen who want to know more about what Zillow is doing. I would address the following:

Zillow 3D is a great alternative to those not willing to shell out for a full Matterport tour. Zillow 3D tours can be made as a "quick" walk through of the home with a handful of 360's. This allows buyers to see some main features of the home and leave enough mystery to want to see the remainder of the home.

Zillow has changed it's layout to look a little more like a Google Street View listing. This has created many more clicks on photos than what was used in the past with buyers scrolling up/down in a Z formation versus plain left to right. This leads buyers to a wide 3D Tour image that leads people to the tour. My tour views are in the thousands now vs many previous that stayed under a 100.

If agents want to shoot a 360, you have to have an Iphone and the Zillow app to shoot. Shooting with the iphone can be daunting when keeping the frames level. Look at all the bars that have to stay aligned. A fluid head tripod could help or see some of Dans Topics about the VRKit.

Best option is to get Ricoh Theta V or Z1 and snap theses things off in no time. Unfortunately, the embed code they give you will be branded to the listing agent which cannot be used for MLS Unbranded listings.

@DanSmigrod - DO you think you could reach out to Zillow's Steve Lake (Zillow Photography Team) and Mitch Dawson (Zillow 3D Homes App Product Team) and ask about where the Virtual Tour link and Zillow Video would be on this new format? Steve didn't have full details when I ran into him last month.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Go to App Store and leave a 1 Star review for a product mis-named.

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Mr. Lake, are you watching this thread?

The vast majority of agents never bothered to use Zillow videos. 3D Home, as easy as it is, takes more time and effort, so expect even fewer agents to do this.

Photographers will make these, but not unless agents demand it and pay touch more on top of photos, and let’s face it, most agents would prefer photography was free.

Mr. Lake, the way to propel 3D Home to use is to provide clear credit to the photographer who creates it, from the moment it appears on Zillow until it disappears. Give me the credit, and I’ll do this for free on every listing. Or don’t, and I won’t bother.

Mr. Lake, please weigh in.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
@DanSmigrod - DO you think you could reach out to Zillow's Steve Lake (Zillow Photography Team) and Mitch Dawson (Zillow 3D Homes App Product Team) and ask about where the Virtual Tour link and Zillow Video would be on this new format? Steve didn't have full details when I ran into him last month.

@VTLV
@Home3D
@TrustedPhotoDC
@izoneguy

I have reached out to Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg to be my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5. (Steve Lake has moved on to other responsibilities within Zillow.)

Once we schedule this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show, I hope that you can join the live show too to ask your questions directly.

In the mean time, please post your questions here and I'll see if we can get some answers sooner than later.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Great plan, Dan. I look forward to it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D... Good points... Until the free part which I hope you're only speaking for yourself. Not everyone is interested in working for free, even if it's for credit, since so many real estate professionals are already undervaluing 3D capture and expecting there are people (perhaps like yourself) who'll do it for free.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Forgive me for an incomplete explanation. I meant free only in that my typical shoots are HDR photos plus either professional video or Matterport. When paid for doing these, I have added 3D Home as a bonus. Takes fairly little time and earns loyalty. But there’s no point if Zillow gives neither boost nor credit.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D ... Understood, much clearer picture of your strategy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Hope you can join us on the show to ask questions directly:

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home with Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here's the media release from Zillow ...

I added some bolding for those skimming ...

Dan

---

Zillow Launches AI-Powered 3D Home Tours Across United States and Canada

The expansion follows a pilot program of the Zillow 3D Home app in select U.S. markets and is the first time 3D home tour technology is widely available for free

SEATTLE – April 22, 2019 – Millions of home buyers and sellers will soon experience immersive virtual home tours with the launch of Zillow 3D Home™ nationwide in the United States and Canada.

Zillow 3D Home is an AI-powered mobile app for iOS devices that allows anyone to capture 360-degree panoramic photos of a home and easily create a 3D tour, entirely for free. Launching 3D Home nationwide will not only offer sellers an easy way to enhance their home listings, at no cost, but also provide buyers with a more authentic, immersive experience of a home and help them save time by narrowing down the homes they visit in person.

Making 3D home tours available to everyone, on every listing, for free, in the U.S. and Canada is a huge milestone in our work to make the real estate transaction a more seamless, on-demand experience for consumers,” said Josh Weisberg, Senior Director of Product Management leading Zillow’s Rich Media Experiences team. “Previously, only high-end or expensive homes included 3D tours due to the high cost and time-intensive capture process. Now with 3D Home, adding tours to a home listing is as easy as clicking a button.”

3D Home initially launched in January 2018 in select U.S. markets, though Zillow quickly saw strong demand for the technology across the country. During the pilot program, nearly half of the thousands of 3D tours created were generated outside of markets supported at the time.

According to the 2018 Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report, 45% of Gen Z and 41% of Millennial buyers find 3D tours or recorded video of a home very or extremely important in helping them decide on their home. This trend only stands to increase given these tech-savvy generations now make up the largest group of first-time home buyers.

Adoption of 3D Home among real estate agents and photographers has also proved to help them stand out to prospective clients by providing a fast, free, and easy way to enhance their listings’ and attract more potential buyers. Using 3D Home, agents can quickly and easily add tours to any listing without any cost or fees, while photographers can shoot an entire house in as little as 15-20 minutes, helping them serve more clients at a lower cost. During the 3D Home pilot program, real estate professionals reported that listings with 3D tours attracted more potential buyers, earning higher listing views and engagement than those without 3D media.

The app, currently available for iOS devices, works by capturing 360-degree panoramic images, using either an iPhone or a 360-degree Ricoh Theta V or Z1 camera that integrates with the app. When using only an iPhone, photos are shot within the app as on-screen instructions provide guidance for capturing the best possible images. Once the entire house has been shot and photos are uploaded to Zillow, the app uses several sophisticated technologies in tandem – from computer vision to deep learning – to stitch together seamless 3D tours, enhance photos’ exposure, and select thumbnail images that best represent each room. Once complete, tours are immediately available in the “My 3D Home” dashboard to edit, share privately, or add directly to a listing on Zillow.

Today’s nationwide launch of 3D Home follows other recent steps in Zillow’s journey toward fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell homes, including the ongoing rapid expansion of the company’s home-buying and -selling program, Zillow Offers, and pilot of the Zillow app’s “Tour It Now” feature, which allows home shoppers to tour a Zillow-owned home whenever they want, no appointment needed.

Zillow

Zillow® is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with great real estate professionals. Zillow serves the full lifecycle of owning and living in a home: buying, selling, renting, financing, remodeling and more. Zillow Offers provides homeowners in some metropolitan areas with the opportunity to receive offers to purchase their home from Zillow. When Zillow buys a home, it will make necessary updates and list the home for resale on the open market.

In addition to Zillow.com, Zillow operates the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps, with more than two dozen apps across all major platforms. Launched in 2006, Zillow is owned and operated by Zillow Group (NASDAQ:Z and ZG) and headquartered in Seattle.

Zillow is a registered trademark of Zillow, Inc. Zillow Offers is a trademark of Zillow, Inc.
Post 12 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
[redacted]

Can you read this and not laugh?
Post 13 IP   flag post
101429 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?