Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceScanning

Cannot move thru doorway kitchen to living914

joy private msg quote post Address this user
I am unable to navigate from the kitchen though to the living area. The problem appears to be around scan 30, 31 or perhaps 29. I believe I have the model attached also. I removed what could have been a window marking yesterday and re uploaded, but that was not the problem. I would love to know what I did wrong... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
try deleting the mirror marker in the bar and the window marker next to scan 29: the side one pointing up left.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you HarlanHambright...I am trying that right now...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@joy

Can you post two mini-maps for the second floor?

1. One that includes about the same area as the first floor
2. one that includes all your trim markers

Additionally,

1. Duplicate the model on your iPad
2. Delete scan #30
3. Reprocess

From the original model

1. Duplicate the model on your iPad
2. Delete scan #29 (instead of #30)
3. Reprocess

(Even after deleting scan #30, looks like there are two scans that enable the viewer to get to the bath: 32 and 29.

We'll figure-it out. This is a great brain teaser for MUG Forum members.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you Dan... here are the two mini-maps of floor 2... i have duplicated the original twice and uploaded with scans 29 and 30 deleted respectively and uploaded both for reprocess..

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@joy

Bingo!

So, it looks like there is a "window" trim on the second floor that is affecting the first floor. Not saying this makes sense. Just is ...

1. Duplicate the original model
2. Remove the window trim on the 2nd floor that is above scan 30 on the 1st floor
3. Reprocess

(Matterport does not charge for reprocessing the same model multiple times: even if the model is duplicated.)

This will solve the puzzle and you will be able to use scans 29 and 30 (thus why best to duplicate before deleting a scan).

And, thank you for letting me know that you are registering for my Pre-Inman Connect 2016: We Get Around Matterport 3D and VR Scanning Masters Class Workshop.

(The Workshop is in a beautiful 2-story $3,500 per night Penthouse in a luxury boutique hotel that has Matterport Pro challenges such as floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides; walls and floors that are challenging; stairs; outdoor spaces, and more.)

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dan-

Thank you for your help! It is very much appreciated. See you in New York! Joy
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?