Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVPanoskin

Panoskin, your pricing structure for photographer's clients?9057

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have watched Panoskin video how to use their Builder to make tours from 360 panos and it looks like a great tool.

However I cannot get your two different pricing(photographer pays or client pays) strategies. Can you please explain them on the following example. Plus I will ask extra questions along on other matters.

Lets say I go and scan 360 with Insta360 Pro for a client, load them into my account with Panoskin and then I build a tour with Panoskin Builder tool.

Am I right that I am not paying anything for using Builder and I just need to have either subscription?

Now the tour is ready and say customer wants the tour to be published and viewed on their own website(no leaving from their website to your website during viewing).

Is it possible? If it is extra, how much?

Then the same customer wants to publish it later to Google maps. I guess we mean 360 panos connected not a tour that has been built through your builder.

Will submission work under both pricing structures?
Or it should be the one when a client pays in order to submit their panos to Google Maps?

Now this is about loads. You say you include some loads in plans where a client pays.

The amount that is included is it counted per day, per month or per year?

Even if it is per day even 40 000 may be mot much for big businesses. If it is per year that may be small even for a small one.

If I go with paying myself(photographer pays) and say a client tour brings about 40000 loads a year, am I going to pay for loads or they are unlimited under this plan structure?

If I am not paying for loads if I am under this pricing(photographer pays), how much do I pay for my client tour hosted on their website? Is it $10 per month for each client for Panoskin Pro plan?

And I asked that under your youtube video in comments. My question may be related to the fact that I have no experience with submitting 360 degrees for business to Google Maps. Sorry if that's the case.

Can you explain why you are talking about Google API and Google charging something per loads?

Do Google street photographers have to purchase Google API key and also paying for loads?
If not, why all this required for submitting tour to Google through your service?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Panoskin
Support
Panoskin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Wingman,

I am going to do my best to answer your questions below.

I cannot get your two different pricing(photographer pays or client pays) strategies. Can you please explain them on the following example. Plus I will ask extra questions along on other matters.

- The custom tours using the builder have plans for each tour. For the "Pay yourself" plan, you would pay us directly on a yearly basis for the plan. $75 for Basic $150 for Standard and $250 for Premier. For the "Client Paid" plans, you would create a stripe account if you do not have one and link it to your Panoskin account. With this method, you will be able to bill your clients for the tours by creating invoices. All these tours are free to build with a PRO subscription. However, when you want to embed it on a website, that is when payment will be needed. Using the client paid plan with stripe integration helps streamline your workflow as you won't need to remmeber to charge your clients every year as Panoskin via Stripe will send them notifications when their payment is coming up and charge their credit card on file for you.

Lets say I go and scan 360 with Insta360 Pro for a client, load them into my account with Panoskin and then I build a tour with Panoskin Builder tool.

Am I right that I am not paying anything for using Builder and I just need to have either subscription?

No. Each custom tour from the builder has a yearly fee. The PRO subscription allows users to publish to Google. Each Custom tour will have its own subscription.

Now the tour is ready and say customer wants the tour to be published and viewed on their own website(no leaving from their website to your website during viewing).

Is it possible? If it is extra, how much?

-This is possible and exactly what the custom builder tours were created for and why there is a subscription for each tour.

Then the same customer wants to publish it later to Google maps. I guess we mean 360 panos connected not a tour that has been built through your builder.

-Custom tours build with the Builder require you to have a Google tour. We pull the 360s from Google to create the custom tours. This method gives your clients the benefits of having any 360s viewed through the builder also count on Google as well. This helps them improve the relevancy of their content on Google which can help improve their SEO.

Will submission work under both pricing structures?
Or it should be the one when a client pays in order to submit their panos to Google Maps?

-The PRO subscription comes with 20 credits that reset at the beginning of each month. Each credit allows you to publish 1 tour. If you need to publish more credits in a month you can always purchase more. The additional credits will roll over month to month, unlike the 20 subscription credits that come with a PRO membership.

Now this is about loads. You say you include some loads in plans where a client pays. The amount that is included is it counted per day, per month or per year? Even if it is per day even 40 000 may be not much for big businesses. If it is per year that may be small even for a small one. If I go with paying myself(photographer pays) and say a client tour brings about 40000 loads a year, am I going to pay for loads or they are unlimited under this plan structure?

- The Loads are per year. However, the load is not the same as an impression. Think of a load as each time the tour is viewed/opened. Once you open the tour you can look at as many 360's as you want and it counts still as 1 load. Large clients shouldn't have an issue with the premier plans. If they run out of loads, that means its working and a lot of people are engaging. In the event that they are going to run out, they will be notified on purchasing additional loads. This is just a passthrough cost of the Google API costs. You can find this in the small print at the bottom of the pricing table in the billing tab of your custom tours. If you choose to pay yourself, you would get an email on when they have 10% loads left and to see if you would like to add more loads.

If I am not paying for loads if I am under this pricing(photographer pays), how much do I pay for my client tour hosted on their website? Is it $10 per month for each client for Panoskin Pro plan?

-I believe, this is answered in questions above.

And I asked that under your youtube video in comments. My question may be related to the fact that I have no experience with submitting 360 degrees for business to Google Maps. Sorry if that's the case.

Can you explain why you are talking about Google API and Google charging something per loads?

-We talk about this because we pull 360 imagery from Google for the custom builder tours.

Do Google street photographers have to purchase Google API key and also paying for loads? If not, why all this required for submitting tour to Google through your service?

-Yes everyone that uses a Google API has the same pricing structure.

Here is a link to our support page which covers how to use the Custom Builder.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Thanks Panoskin. It is clearer now especially after you provided a link to hosting plans. I could not see them anywhere on your website in pricing section.

As for paying for loads, after your confirmation I started googling and found what I actually missed last year in the news.

For those who does not know from July(I believe) 2018 Google started charging for using their maps in many ways. You can see explanation on the link below

https://www.impactmedia.co.uk/google-are-now-charging-for-using-google-maps/

And here is a calculator from Google to see how much you or your customer can be changed based on number of loads.
https://mapsplatformtransition.withgoogle.com/calculator

I still not sure though if it applies when a user open a Google map from google.com, goes to some panos for business to walk inside and if it counts for whoever submitted these panos but my guess it does.

I wonder how Matterport is offering to submit their tours to Google Maps under their account and charge only one time fee, not mentioning any load limit.

I know that currently there is $200 free credit given by Google monthly that covers about 25000 loads per month, after that a client(whoever account it has been submitted under to Google) will be charged about $5 per 1000 loads.

Sorry if it has been discussed here but it is a shocking news for me. I am thinking of dropping my idea with offering 360 panos on a spot for a small fee. And it is probably killing my idea to do 360 panos and building custom tours for public places for community benefit as a local guide.

I wonder if it actually makes more demand for Matterport or any independent from Google technology provider for business tours done for the use on their websites only.

I know Google changes are not affecting small companies now as they never get 25000 per month for their websites. However I won't be surprised if Google stops giving $200 credit and start charging for every load. That can make many inside business views displayed on business websites through Google API attracting some cost just for that.

I am happy if Dan decides to create a thread just for this situation with Google Maps stopped being free. Especially if it has never been announced or discussed on this forum.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Google charges a fee for accessing maps via the Maps API. This is primarily for developers.

Publishing with the Google Street View API is what Matterport and GoThru dot co(the #1 3rd party publisher)use to put your tours into Street View. There is no fee for this.

Unless you are a developer or using a 3rd party overlay such as walkInto.in, there is no need to worry about the Maps API and fee schedule.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedPhotoDC
Google charges a fee for accessing maps via the Maps API. This is primarily for developers.

Publishing with the Google Street View API is what Matterport and GoThru dot co(the #1 3rd party publisher)use to put your tours into Street View. There is no fee for this.

Unless you are a developer or using a 3rd party overlay such as walkInto.in, there is no need to worry about the Maps API and fee schedule.

Thanks, that confirms my guess that it only affects people using Google Map API when they embedded in third party websites/apps, not tours published on google maps and accessed through Google Maps websites and their app only.

I tried to ask about it on local guides forum under trusted photographers section and so far nobody has cleared this out. People there just give likes for my question without answering :-)

So basically if it is even published through some 3rd party publisher but displayed on the Google Maps website and their app only there is no fee for loads? I do not mean Matterport tour that is published under Matterport account. I mean 360 degree photos done with 1 click 360 degree cameras.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101629 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?