Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECBIMCUPIXRevitSketchUp

Video: How to CAD Modeling from "As-Built" Scan with Cupix in the AEC Space9026

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: WGAN-TV How to Build a 3D CAD Model Short Story #357-CAD Model Example - Segment 1 of 4

Video: WGAN-TV How to Build a 3D CAD Model Short Story #358-CAD Model Example Segment 2 of 4

Video: WGAN-TV How to Build a 3D CAD Model Short Story #359-CAD Model Example Segment 3 of 4

Video: WGAN-TV How to Build a 3D CAD Model Short Story #360-CAD Model Example Segment 4 of 4

Video: How to CAD Modeling from "As-Built" Scan with Cupix in the AEC Space

Hi All,

If your AEC Clients – and prospects – are asking about CAD Modeling in Autodesk Revit or SketchUp software from "as built" 3D scans and are seeking DXF or IFC file to import into Revit software to create a BIM model, these WGAN-TV Short Stories will be of interest.

Cupix Director of Sales Scott Anderson and Cupix Head of Product Paul Collart gives us a CAD overview and demo.

Worth noting: Cupix offers white-label and robust confidential collaboration.

What are your thoughts – or questions – about CAD Modeling with Cupix?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
I looked at their pricing. So for the small space - up to 3 gigs per workspace. It is $24.00 per month for each workspace? So if you have 10 projects (workspaces) it is $240 per month?

And then all the AEC you described would add $69.00 per month per workspace so if you had 10 projects that is $690 per month? On top of the $240 per month? Almost $1K per month?

And if the projects are larger it is even more?

Maybe I am not understanding the pricing....
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cupix Director
of Sales
San Francisco
scott_cupix private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Izone Guy. Just saw your post. You could use one workspace in most cases. And you can have multiple tours in that workspace. Everything else is on target. Also, it's important to note the As Built CAD described here is a beta feature. If you need more information please reach out directly.

Here is a tour of an outdoor space using an iPhone.

direct tour link

Cheers, Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@scott_cupix
I see you said you used an iPhone to create this, what hardware did you use to get the 360 shots? Also the overview of the home, was that accomplished with Google maps, or a drone? Great looking tour.

Also I am getting ready to build a custom house and I am looking at your side by side feature so I can follow construction and update the project as the home is being built. My question is each upload would count against a monthly account? Just trying to calculate which plan would be needed.

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cupix Director
of Sales
San Francisco
scott_cupix private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Ron, theVRkit "turns any Smartphone into a 360 camera". This was captured over a year ago. That kit should have caught up with the latest cameras but you'd have to check with them.

Aerial photo is via Maps: Google Maps [browser], Google Earth Pro [install] and both good options.

Capacity is counted against any uploaded data that in use. If you delete the tour or any other asset there's no capacity charge. Uploading small files incurs less capacity than large files. https://www.cupix.com/pricing.html#

You need the AEC pack if you want to run the compare side by side syncrhonized, this is an added cost for that feature.

Also, remember how many fewer songs a CD from the store could hold compared to burning MP3s? You can do that with photos: http://blog.cupix.com/compress-image-files-without-losing-quality/.
Post 5 IP   flag post
egkhoury private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

To answer "That kit should have caught up with the latest cameras but you'd have to check with them":
yes, theVRkit is compatible with any phone equipped with a gyro sensor, which is the case of all iPhones and most Android ones.

Best,
Elie
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?