Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCollaboratorsConstructionStrategy

Construction collaborator - access9018

BenedicteDamm private msg quote post Address this user
Hi forum!

I have Clients who need to be able to take measurements in the models. Huge selling point for this client group. However, I am surprised to find that in order to do so, they actually get access to all functions in workshop. This pretty much means it's just a hop and a skip away from buying their own gear, since they get the training/trial of usage via the collaboration with me.

Hoping I'm missing something here?? Is there any way they can measure, with complete workshop access?

Others working with Construction clients - how do you provide value they themselves cannot by getting a cam and setting up shop?

Am aware of the folder/individual model access, the sales campaign that setting up collaborators trigger and so on.

Kind regards,
B
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@BenedicteDamm I work with a construction group that has their own Matterport account. They contacted me about doing weekly progress scans of their build outs. When I finish the scan, I have it processed via my Matterport account and then just transfer the space to them. I have a set fee I charge them for scanning and processing that I'm comfortable with and I don't have to store it in my account. I've done 20+ scans for them so far and this arraignment works well for both of us. They're not interested in buying the equipment and dealing with one of their employees doing the scan. A win-win.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman Thank you So much for sharing, and that's such a great idea. So you're basically working the other way around, servicing the owners, rather than attempting to make them defendant on you. Definitely something to consider!

Thanks so much for sharing this
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@BenedicteDamm I believe you can give them a workshop URL without making them a collaborator that will allow them to take measurements and snapshots but will not make any changes to the model (i.e., when they log out no changes are saved).

At least I know that used to be possible... not sure if it still is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D Right?! I thought so too, but I just cannot seem to figure out how now.. when browsing through threads it seems like the function was removed by Matterport (to promote sales?)

Hope to get to the bottom of this, because it's a challenge to create a put-together solution under these circumstances without undermining my own business.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101272 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?