Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DAdviceDeep LinksMatterport LinksMuseums

Linking two tours8956

CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. I hope somebody can help here.

I have a big hotel complex that are looking for 2 tours in different areas of the complex.
Tour 1 is some hotels rooms
Tour 2 is the SPA
They are not connected.

I know that I can do them as two separate tours and link with a Mattertag.
But is there a way to make movement from one part to the other seamless? In effect it is one tour.

Thanks for any advice

Charles
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN-TV Live at 5 - ThreeSixty Tours a new Platform from the Creators of WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin

@CharlesHH

You can do this with Matterport MatterTag deep links as demonstrationed by @HelloPado in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Question of the Day: When do you use Matterport deep links? Example?

All WGAN Forum discussion tagged: Deep Links

I wonder if ThreeSixty Tours would be a better solution for your hotel/spa client.

@GlennAronwits and @lucadeal share ThreeSixty examples in this WGAN Forum discussion:

ThreeSixty Tour Examples

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod
If I understand correctly a Deep Link is just a Mattertag with a link to a second tour? Or am I missing something? This looks fairly easy to manage.

As for 360 tours. Firstly I only have my Matterport camera. I had a look at the examples, but I don't really like the distortion that you get with a 360 view.

Dan, while here, I see a lot about WP3D. I assume this is only for Wordpress users. I use Webydo and WIX CMS systems which I find much easier than Wordpress. Can I get anything from the WP3D?
Post 3 IP   flag post
whereareweat private msg quote post Address this user
you could use mpembed and add the other tours in the highlight reel

https://mpembed.com/docs/
Post 4 IP   flag post
@whereareweat Thanks for that. Looks like an interesting solution. Do I need to be using Wordpress for MPEmbed?

Going back to my original question, would it be possible to treat the Spa as a separate floor from the hotel rooms and handle it this way? With a Jump to SPA (Second Floor) Mattertag? I guess on the dollhouse, the Spa would sit on top of the hotel room floor, but that could work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@CharlesHH

A Matterport Deep Link takes you to a specific spot within a Matterport 3D Tour. For example, one Pro uses it on elevators. That MatterTag Deep Link take you to the same spot on the next floor.

You can use the ThreeSixty Tours platform with Matterport as the digital assets that you display. You can get one aerial 360º photo sphere from www.satellitepanoramas.com

WP3D Models is a WordPress plug-in. This means that you need WordPress. That said, you can design your website in non-WordPress sites and install WordPress just for using WP3D Models. If you are starting out as a Matterport Service Provider, I recommend using WordPress from Day 1 so that you can use WP3D Models. If you already have a website, you can add WordPress just to use WP3D Models (that's what happened to We Get Around Atlanta. Our website is with SquareSpace but our Gallery is with WP3D Models running on Wordpress.

You do not need WordPress for MPEmbed (though it seamlessly integrates with WP3D Models.

It may be helpful to know that if you join as a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of:

1. WordPress
2. WP3D Models
3. MPEmbed Premium Basic
4. 50 percent off Satellite Panoramas
5. 40+ Other WGAN Standard Membership benefits

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?