Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 3.0 BetaInsta360 One XInsta360 Pro 2

Video: Insta360 ONE X + Matterport - The Future of Aeronautical Education8953

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Insta360 ONE X + Matterport - The Future of Aeronautical Education | Video courtesy of Insta360 YouTube Channel

Hi All,

I noticed the tag line in this Matterport + Insta360 YouTube video is: 3D Capture for All.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm...
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
No question that 3D walkthrough spaces are ideal for museums, especially those whose mission is to share their collections widely, more than charge admission at the door. A great educational outreach tool, though dependent on a museum director sharing this kind of vision. The challenge I’ve found is a museum earmarking funds into an entirely new arena. Is this ‘marketing’ or ‘education’ or what? But the potential is there for every museum.

Personally, I think even those which charge admission would be wise to provide their spaces to the public for free online. I think it would spread their awareness to such a degree that would increase paid admissions as well. Think of the Peterson Automotive Museum. You see those cars via 3D walkthrough, then you want to see them in person.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one I did in my town.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport 3D Tour by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigro
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
When he says Matterport and Insta 360 one is a match made in heaven...my thought is, yeah for the end user, but for the MSP trying to make a living it may be a match made in hell.
Post 6 IP   flag post
But with all that being said I just revisited Cupix yesterday and I am still Sooooo confused. The trial I tried doing was 350mb and they only allow 250mb for a trail and thats about 15 photos, so I can't even try a proper sample.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a museum I did but with the Pro2.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers @DanSmigrod, did either of you have an issue with bright lights? We did an Art exhibit in 2016, did not turn out good because of some light flare with the spot lights on the art. I been hoping that got better.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

It's been a while. I don't recall that I did. The Museum was not bright and I don't recall spotlights. (I suppose I should look at the 3D Tour again

I did have to watch out for the camera reflection in glass cases.

best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Guess I just got lucky
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?