Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BuyCamerasStrategyTips

Short Survey for data gathering895

Tateo private msg quote post Address this user
Sponsored Post

Hi group,

I'm doing a short survey to garner interest on whether you think the equipment price is reasonable.

Please help me fill out the quick survey which should not take more than 2 mins.

Appreciate it!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KJ9GD7N

Tateo.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tateo

I have removed your survey link.

1. Kindly disclose what company you are conducting this survey
2. The purpose of the survey
3. How the results will be used

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Dan,

1. I am conducting the survey as an individual, it is for data collection purposes.
2. The purpose is to gather whether there is a widespread of users, and whether there's room for other business opportunities for me.
3. I will be sharing this set of data with Bill B.

Hope this is fine w/ you.

Tateo.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tateo

Thank you for letting us know.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
niagrealtygroup private msg quote post Address this user
Can only speak for myself, but certainly don't feel data collection from members is good practice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with niagrealtygroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tateo
Hi Dan,
3. I will be sharing this set of data with Bill B.

And just so people know Tateo is not referring to me.

Bill B.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi @niagrealtygroup and @Bill, thank you for your comments, I will like to clarify that this group is the most targeted group that uses/have interest in Matterport and I feel if I want to get a business model around Matterport going, this is the best place to conduct a survey. I certainly wouldn't feel I would get a fair response if I did the survey in a toursler forum. I might be completely wrong either way.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tateo

Do you want to share the business opportunity that you are exploring? It's likely that many members would simply comment in this thread about your idea. (And, then more likely to complete your short survey. I did. It was nice to see the instant results displayed too.)

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
thanks Dan for the suggestion.

For members that took the survey, thank you! It is very kind of you.

I am thinking whether it makes sense to pursue a leasing model for Matterport devices, as I am a photographer that works with many realtors, the additional investment for the device does not make too much sense, as my clients are inclined to pay for still pictures over VR due to cost. However, if someone is able to come up with a leasing model, wouldn't it drive the price down and we can all compete better with still photography? Feel free to PM me if you are interested in pursuing or have other ideas.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tateo
I like Dan was happy to see the out come of the survey and was also shocked at the results. Not to bad, Tateo if you don't mind sharing how long are you going to run the survey and I hope you post the final results.

Ron
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hi Ron,

I am going to be closing the survey today and will share results with interested members such as yourself.

I will be sending it via PM.

Tateo.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tateo please PM me results too please ...

Thank you,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Tateo, could you please also share with me your findings?

Best.
Post 13 IP   flag post
pheller private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think Matterport competes with still photography. It enhances it. There is no way captures will replace good, professional stills. And you are likely upsetting realtors if you tell them to stop doing what they think is exactly right.

Instead we tell them that Matterport enhances their beautiful photos by letting potential buyers get a feel for how those photos go together.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller
I don't think Matterport competes with still photography. It enhances it. There is no way captures will replace good, professional stills. And you are likely upsetting realtors if you tell them to stop doing what they think is exactly right.

Instead we tell them that Matterport enhances their beautiful photos by letting potential buyers get a feel for how those photos go together.

Thanks Pheller. The problem I am encountering is that agents don't want to spend more than they absolutely have to... anything more than $150 is like I am stealing from them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
pheller private msg quote post Address this user
It's funny that some agents have totally embraced drone photography on basic houses. I get it when they are selling a house with a beautiful property. But I don't understand why agents pay to have a simple tract house photographed with a drone. They should spend the money on the INSIDE of the house by getting a Matterport Scan.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller
It's funny that some agents have totally embraced drone photography on basic houses. I get it when they are selling a house with a beautiful property. But I don't understand why agents pay to have a simple tract house photographed with a drone. They should spend the money on the INSIDE of the house by getting a Matterport Scan.

While I completely agree with your point of view, Agents aren't. I questioned them on why have a drone photography on an apartment complex when they are selling a unit...
Post 17 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it's a matter more of technology adoption timing and familiarity. What I mean by that is that any agent knows what to do with good quality photos and videos, 'cause they play nicely on MLS, any portal, people click and it plays. On the other hand we're selling mostly software, which isn't featured yet in Zillow and yet gives brokerages quite a hard time to embed on properties, there's lots of improvement on the back-end yet to be done...

For getting listings maybe it's also easy yet to convince owners to chose this or that agent just by being offered photos/videos instead of software (cost often is higher for scanning as well for the agent). It's widely comprehensive in my POV. =]

Conclusion: don't complain, don't worry, fast forward, and go for the innovative and early adopter agents/owners/brokers/stabilishments.. It makes your selling and customer relationship experience much more pleasant (and profitable). Early majority, Late majority and Laggards soon are coming. They don't have much choice but VTs in a few years. Again, it's all about timing.

@Tateo, thanks a lot for sharing the survey. Very valuable for the community.

Good business 4all!
Post 18 IP   flag post
101628 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?