Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FundingQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day-How should Matterport Spend $48,000,000 in new funding?8859

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 6 March 2018) is:

How should Matterport spend $48,000,000 in new funding?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Buy GeoCV and Rooomy
Post 2 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
And drone deploy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
spend on marketing from own pocket than crossing MSPs with branding it's name in URL and logo+name in the space.
Post 4 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Matterport is trying to act like Google with this branding mania.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to see them spending some of these funds on marketing their brand and product awareness in countries where people heard very little about them. I would love people to start searching for it online. Currently there is very low volume of people searching for "Matterport" in Australia(about 1000 per month). In USA there is at least 20000 or more people searching for it on Google every month. Also in USA these numbers are growing while in Australia not so much.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Buy television and web advertising to educate space owners about the future and benefit of 3D showcasing for properties. That should helped rive revenue for new MP cloud subscriptions and MSP hires.

Commercials abound by Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, and other major realtor firms, all spotlighting why home buyers/sellers should use their platform. I'd even offer to have my studio shoot the ad spot.

Think MP should/will ever do that?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakoure

I am sure they should but I am not so sure they will. The problem is sooner or later some competitor will do it and MP will lose to them. My website is the first/second position in Google/Bing if you search for Matterport in my capital city. For the last few weeks nobody has come to my website from these two search engines. And when I run a search advertisement with them none of my ads trigered by "Matterport" or even "virtual tour".

And to do their job in marketing for product and brand awareness takes a lot of money that I believe no MSP has ever had or could afford to spend on it.

I guess if they spend just a few $100 0000s for Europe and Australia on advertising that should improve situation in these countries a lot. So far I believe it has been only mentioned on Australian TV in $1ml listing TV show. However the channel it is running on is not really popular, some people do not even have it and I do not believe it has been mentioned more than a couple of times there.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakoure
Buy television and web advertising to educate space owners about the future and benefit of 3D showcasing for properties. That should help drive revenue for new MP cloud subscriptions and MSP hires.

Commercials abound by Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, and other major realtor firms, all spotlighting why home buyers/sellers should use their platform. I'd even offer to have my studio shoot the ad spot.

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Sorry I meant to say "I guess if they spend just a few a few $100 000s..." even though a few millions would be better :-)
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?