Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Question of the DayVirtual Staging

Question of the Day: What disclaimer do you add to virtual staged images?8848

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, 5 March 2019, Page B2 "Property Listings Get Virtual Fix-Ups"

Hi All,

WGAN Question of the Day for Tuesday, 5 March 2019:

What disclaimer do you add to virtual staged images?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I leave that up to the client that hired me to create them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Me too. Its not my responsibility what so ever on how they represent the photos/property. That is down to the agent completely. Plus in my 'terms', the Agent agrees to indemnify me if I am named in a law suit......
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

"Redfin employs a San Jose, Calif., company called RoOomy to virtually stage vacant listings – right down to the digital knicknacks – and says it discloses when the furniture in the images is fake."

Source: The Wall Street Tour, Tuesday, 6 March 2019, page B1 | "Property Listings Get Virtual Fix-Ups"

@hometakes

If a Service Provider does not have terms that include indemnification, I could imagine a hot potato for the photographer.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
It may start out as a hot potato but the potato will go cold. As everyone knows, anyone can get named in a lawsuit and if you're named in it, then theres your hot potato, but it's already going cold right after papers are served on you. I can imagine a quick 'summary judgement' (in the photographers favor) the moment your attorney shows the judge that the person who is totally liable for the disclosure of the 'changes to the photo' is the Agent when he points to the legal RE license stuff about an agents responsibly of full disclosure etcetera.

Even without indemnification, the blame lays clearly on the shoulders of the agent. They are the ones bound by the real estate rules that state regulates with licensing and the other rules that go along with it, not the photographer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
Me too. Its not my responsibility what so ever on how they represent the photos/property. That is down to the agent completely. Plus in my 'terms', the Agent agrees to indemnify me if I am named in a law suit......

Do you have the agent sign an agreement for every virtual staging project?
Post 6 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
The REAL question is, if you create virtual staging without the labels on the pillows, mattress, covers etc. is it still a federal offense that they are not there??
Post 7 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@ftosolini. All my customers order online so they are accepting the terms each time they order.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is easier for us in Australia because a property in most cases is pictured with a sellers' things shown and everybody knows that they are not buying a furnished property. So when and if it is virtually staged no need for any disclaimers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101646 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?