Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECRicoh Theta Z1SPAR3D

SPAR3D: Ricoh Theta Z1: a high-res 360° camera for pros8843

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Ricoh Theta Z1 website

Hi All,

SPAR3D (28 February 2019) Ricoh Theta Z1: a high-res 360° camera for pros by Sean Higgins, SPAR 3D Editor

Source: SPAR3D

"Ricoh says the Z1 boasts the best image quality the company has ever delivered for 360° photos. This is mostly due to its 20MP back-illuminated 1” CMOS sensors (as in, more than one sensor). These 1″ are the kind of thing you’d expect to find in a high-powered Sony point-and-shoot camera rather than a 360° capture device, which is to say that they are going to return much better results than you’re used to getting."

"The whole package comes in at $999, which seems a little high—if you’re a consumer using 360° cameras to livestream your vacations. But for professionals, the price could be well worth it. It’s improved improved image quality and higher resolution means better data for immersive job site tours, as well as better 3D reconstructions, and even higher quality material for machine-learning approaches to 3D sensing."

Source: SPAR3D

--

All WGAN Forum discussions tagged:

Ricoh Theta Z1
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any actual photos or videos to see from this camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@izoneguy

For Ricoh official Ricoh Theta Z1 360º photo sphere examples, please click here.

To download these official Ricoh Theta Z1 360º photo sphere examples, please click here (Dropbox link).

Special Thanks to 360Rumors' Mic Ty for these.

Note: The Ricoh Theta Z1 will be released 11 April 2019, according to this Amazon listing for the camera.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Very nice thanks for posting
Post 4 IP   flag post
And I have one on order....
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@izoneguy

Cool. Please do post samples to the WGAN Forum – ideally - Matterport + Ricoh Theta Z1.

BTW, you can also use the Ricoh Theta Z1 with these WGAN Premium Member platforms:

Cupix
Nodalview
Panoskin Pro (Panoskin Custom Tour Builder, Google Street View)
ThreeSixty Tours

And, the above all work with WP3D Models WordPress Plugin.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to see examples of the best HDR work with the Z1. Nodalview's HDR is doing outstanding work with our typically difficult real estate situations. If the Z1 could do that, it might speed pano capture for use in Nodalview.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone put together an idea of how to market high res 360's with thing? Gotta save up and get this thing if it can make a difference.

I've been having trouble getting people to pay up for higher quality 360's with the DSLR and Matterport 360's. Would this simply be a replacement for the DSLR and stitching?

Zillow 3D has worked well for cheap as an up-sell for regular photos instead of just having a slide show.

Is there a niche I could be missing here for people wanting high res 360's when they don't want Matterport or Zillow 3D. I find businesses just as cheap as RE Agents when it comes to Google Street View.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@VTLV I highly recommend you investigate NodalView 360° tours as a product faster (and therefore, for you, cheaper) to produce, but far better than Zillow. Take a look at this home I just completed - 24835JacobHamblin.com - in Los Angeles. NodalView uses YOUR smartphone (mine is iPhone 8) mounted to a motorized "Rot@tor" (that's how NodalView spells it, with an "@".

It's quick and simple to shoot, the custom HDR it uses is spectacular for an automated process, and like Zillow you can shoot indoors and outside, as in this Tour. I've also shot Zillow, so I can tell you it's almost as fast, and it does not have the Wifi range problems I've experienced with Zillow since there's no Wifi involved. The camera rotates, so you can simply stand behind it like MP. There's no dollhouse view, of course, but for a 360° Tour, it's fantastic.

Oh!!! and you can add extra 360°s to the tour as well. I shot a couple aerial panos at this address which I forgot to add! Thanks for the reminder!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Are you able to color correct the panos in photoshop and then insert them back in a tour?
I use to use KR Pano. But you had to use XML to really customize it.
Also can you use your own navigation buttons?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Yes, NodalView lets you import panos from outside the set shot through its own app. See the dashboard image here, in particular the selection "Import Panorama" at left side. You simply import, then establish linking arrows as you wish.

ma
Post 11 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,
Since you posted the new Ricoh Z1 forthcoming, I went on their site and was able to secure a Theta V and their monopod saving hundreds. There will be a great value to this as it doesn't require "breadcrumbs" like Matterport and will let agents get the idea what is available. I have the Z1 on order with Amazon as well. If agents want the floor plan, Mattertags, etc, they can upgrade to the 4K Matterport.
I really appreciate your platform for informing us on the latest and greatest tools available.
Geof
Post 12 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Rocoh confirmed that the Z1 is compatible w/ MP. The guy said it looked fantastic.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101641 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?