Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppProblemsTipsVirtual Reality

Mattertags showing content without pushing on Mattertag8835

3SevensStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the Mattertags show their content without pushing on it? I am not finding any information on if this is possible. I have an issue where I did 8 tiny cabins for a resort. I added Mattertgas with links to each cabin so that you can see the other cabins from any cabin. The feedback I have gotten is that people don't know that you need to click on the colored dots to go to a different cabin. This has never been an issue before as I have never had a client not naturally go hey what's this colored dot and press on it. The client is now worried others won't know to press on the dots and wants to know if the tag can show content with out pushing on it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
I was trying to do this earlier! following!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Are you looking for an ability to have an image pop out at them if they hover over the Tag like this tour does?

Or are you looking to see if the text content is clickable?

Or fuse the 2 together with an image of the next cabin with some text to Click here to visit.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@VTLV Neither of those.
My tags all ready have an image that pops up when you hover over it. Like I said I have never had someone say they didn't know or hovered by the colored tags to see what it was. My client stated that when he had his wife go threw the tour she didn't know she was suppose to click on the colored dots sitting on the wall. They are worried other people won't click on the tag button if your on a phone or tablet or hover over the tag if your on a computer. They want to know if there is a way to have the image all ready showing so you don't have to hover or click on the tag. Like how it would look if you clicked on it or hovered over it with out doing either.

I have never had a client that had this issue with tags and others not knowing to look at them so I am unsure if its even possible.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a pain in the ass customer with second thoughts. This customer is playing the abilities of the software. Play the abilities of the customer seeing the possibilities.

I would make a Mattertag list using Mpembed with a secondary list of Mattertags to the other cabins. If they are worried people cannot see the dots, hover near the dots to see the pop out pictures and links.

Then they can have another list or set of images on the side or bottom showing images to the other Mattertags to other cabins. This now makes at least 3 other places for the customers to see the other cabin possibilities.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@VTLV Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into making a list. I don't think he's purposely trying to be a pain. I think his wife legitimately didn't pay attention or wasn't curious or didn't think to push on one of the colored tags on the wall to see what they were about. Like I said I have never had an issue with a client not knowing or not investigating the tags before.

Back to my original question that they asked me is there a way to have the Mattertags show their content without pushing/hovering on it?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly this is a Tourmake tour, so it's not compatible with Matterport but I guess this is the functionality you are looking for.
With Tourmake you can choose from an icon, or to have the information box open.
You can also choose to have the box disappear at a per-determined point.
https://tourmake.it/en/tour/4cd20a133103182ec0e690363db3278a
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Gladsmuir yes that's what I'm looking for is to have the information box all ready open with in the Matterport Tour. Sadly it doesn't seem like this is a current possibility with Mattertags.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Do you know if it is possible to have the Mattertags showing their content with out hoovering over or clicking on the tag?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101587 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?