Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CompetitionMarketingPricing

When your competitors are selling Matterport for way less than you, do this8818

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Do you have one or more competitors that are doing Matterport 3D Tours for way less than you?

Does that drive you crazy???!!!

Thing about outsourcing scans to them and turn that problem into an opportunity.

If you have trusted relationships and are good at business development, focus on your strengths and make the spread between what you charge your client and what you pay your competitor turned sub-contractor.

Plus, if your competitor is busy scanning, they don't have time - like you - to develop business!

You don't have to scan spaces to make a living as a Matterport Service Provider.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
This subject could not have come at a better time. I had a similar experience last week where a local competitor targeted an existing client of mine (d*ck move btw, whoever you are) via Facebook. They offered their services at more or less the same rate as I do but added a few extras (mattertag posts etc) at no additional cost.

My client was kind enough to tell me all about the offer. Subsequently, I've now had to match the competitor's pricing and additional free add-ons therefore creating more work on my end.

Not cool!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
I have had to change my pricing strategy completely thanks to a very cheap competitor who frankly doesn't care about making any money! In order to get in with the realtors etc. I offer a low ($100-$150) scan price and then a $40/$50 or $60 monthly fee until the property sells with a standard 12-month plan.

This is beginning to get some traction!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Liam_Tayler ...Interesting. Your pricing is a bit low, but again that depends on your market. One thought, however... aren't you sort of betting against yourself in that if the property doesn't sell quickly, it undermines your value in helping realtors sell faster?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, that is kind of the kicker ;-)

In all honesty, this might be a bit underhand, but I normally offer them this as an initial starting offer. Then tell them the offer is going too well, I am losing money and that the full pending 12-month balance has to be paid on completion of the sale for future scans - by then I have them hooked.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Liam_Tayler.... The offer is going too well?
...LOL! My apologies. That's just so hilarious. I don't know what to say... 😂😂😂
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Tayler
I have had to change my pricing strategy completely thanks to a very cheap competitor who frankly doesn't care about making any money! In order to get in with the realtors etc. I offer a low ($100-$150) scan price and then a $40/$50 or $60 monthly fee until the property sells with a standard 12-month plan.

Interesting tactic but do you think it will work in areas(countries) where a vendor pays for all marketing media? I can see how you hook an agent up if they pay for marketing but when it is coming from a vendor pocket unless it is well explained to a vendor and they agree to pay recurring hosting fee I am afraid it can be hard hitting them with recurring fees every month. I just do not think that in this situation an agent will be happy to chase a vendor for additional fees on your behalf.

As for lower competitor prices, I have found one recently. Their minimum tour cost is $99(keep in mind it is in AUD and in USD it will be like $70) but then I look at their conditions and they can do only 1 bedroom apartment at $99 and the price climbs almost a $100 for every extra bedroom. Our minimum price is $295 which covers properties up to 150 sqm(no matter how many bedrooms). If I compare their price for my small but 4 bedroom house for example with our price it looks like I have to pay them $100 or even more on top of I will charge for a house like mine.

Will I scan 1 bedroom apartment for $99? If it is small(no more than 50-60 sqm) and I do not have to drive to it 10kms or more my answer will be yes. Why I do not offer this lower price? Because there is just too many factors to explain(size, distance to a job, a space layout and how much it filled with furniture) so it will no point saying you can do it but then adding all these restrictions or conditions under which it can be done.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Charlotte, NC
3dvrwalkthrough private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone. First like to say welcome to capitalism and market saturation. Just think about it. There are way too many businesses that provide the same services in any particular market for the available customer base in the area so what is the difference maker.

The biggest mistake anyone of us can make about our Matterport Businesses is over exposing what we do on social media by posting tours. Now this sounds backwards in our day and time, but this behavior puts a big bullseye on our existing clients for the competition to contact the people your doing business with and offer a lower price point.

Prior to the 1st sale it is essential to explain all the features, advantages and benefits of the Matterport Tour. Why they need it. How this will separate them from the rest. Are you demonstrating the product, showing them how it works and giving them the tools to help them explain to prospects how to use it? Are you giving them the firepower that they feel confident in their next listing appointment they can demo it with no hiccups with a prospect? Are you showing them examples of the type of traffic the Matterport tour can provide? If not then you open yourself up for clients to get frustrated, having them say this does not work and I just wasted money on this extra feature.

The key after doing the 1st job for a client is Creating a relationship with a realtor or group your working with and giving them over the top service. How about thanking them for their business or the payment they just made with your company. Sounds trivial, but huge. Not only that, consistent follow up such as a phone call after a job to make sure everything is up to their expectations is crucial. Get the elephant out of the room immediately if you did not meet expectations to ensure they no you care and are willing to fix it. We are all expendable if we do not make sure our clients are happy and we are delivering the best service.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?