Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVHostingPro2

Matterport hosting/charging questions8795

Thea_VR private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, me again asking for advice I got the Matterport Pro 2, i read through the small letters but I didn't get an exact answer to questions I have in my mind. so here goes:

1. Every time I upload to Google Street view there is a one time fee of $15 per space, do I also need to pay the $18 space processing fee?

2. Is there a way to take 360 photos, download it to my computer and manually upload them to Google Street View?

Thank you for all your help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Thea_VR
Question 1 Depending on the MP acct you have if you upload the model and its with in the account limits there will no charge for the Matterport processing, if you have exceeded your account limits you will be charged a Matterport processing fee of $19 per 100 scans, you will be charged an additional charge of $19 for models 101-200. Then if you choose to upload to Google Street view you will be charged an additional fee, I am not sure what the cost is right off the top of my head. So yes there could be an additional charge depending on your acct.

Question 2. Yes there is a way to download your Matterport 360 views and upload them manually to Google street view and avoid the fee. I am not a Google Street View expert but know that this can be done but at this point I have not been accepted as a GSV expert and can only do it on the app. But it does work, just way easier to let MP do it.

Hopefully this helps.

Ron
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Cloud and Workshop for Newbies - Short Story #186-3D Scans And 360 Views (from the nearly two-hour WGAN-TV Show on Matterport Workshop Training)

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Thea_VR
2. Is there a way to take 360 photos, download it to my computer and manually upload them to Google Street View?

You can shoot either 360º Photos or 360º scans and download them in Matterport Workshop.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
After the Matterport tour is published, I would pay the fee to port over to Google.
There’s a lot of manual work to download each 360 and then upload to Google to moderate the tour. It’s an efficient use of your time to have it done for you with all the 360s in the proper place as originally scanned.
Once the tour is published to Google, I use GoThru to moderate the Google tour and remove excess arrows.
Keep in mind that private homes and apartments are off limits for Google Maps.
This process applies to businesses.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wonderdawg

Great advice. As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of Panoskin Pro: a tool for removing excess arrows (sergeant).

Plus, with the Panoskin Custom Builder, you can create a tour using the Google Street View version - annotated for a website.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101633 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?