Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Using somebody's tour for advertisement8793

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

We want to start a campaign on a Facebook to advertise our service for tour creation offered to local businesses.
We are planning to have different campaigns one for each different industry. The first one we are going to start is for catering industry(mostly bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes).

The problem is we have not done a single tour in this industry and we are thinking of using someone else's tour from MatterPort 3d Gallery to make a short video for advertisement. I am quite sure they are allowed to be used to be published on any website but using them to create something from them I am not so sure.

Do you think it would be unethical or against copyright to do it?

If both answers are yes we are not going to do it. However what our other options can be?

I don't really like flat images for advertisement, moreover it is just hard to find any that is "worth 1000s words" for what we do.

My vision is to make a short video from a tour, something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv6fyv_2Ck which actually explains it well what tours are for.

I like animated marketing videos that WGAN offers with their memberships but they are too long to be used for advertisement on facebook. It should be like 15-40 secs top according to my wife who is a marketing manager.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to use this (we did it) it is all yours.

Don't know if it helps you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Standard members have use of 15 sample tours.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly I think it's fine. The tour is public, you are not claiming you did that tour and or taking credit for doing it. You also are offering the exact same product and quality. I would say it's completely ok to do.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Thanks a lot ahojman. It is great and even comes with Mattertags which we would like to show too. The only problem it is not in English but we can try to replace words.

There is also one that Matterport lets their MSP to use but it does not have Mattertags.

If anyone can share more with English Mattertags and may be some outdoor seating shown as well to be used by us we can make a video clip and send it back to a tour creator who lets us using it.

We can do it the way that MSP details will be shown at the last few seconds so all you will need to do is to replace a few last frames with your own MSP details. This way you will get almost a ready to be used video clip as a reward for your help:-)
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by June
Standard members have use of 15 sample tours.

I was not aware of it. Is there any place where I can have a look at them? I have found marketing videos but not those 15 tours that can be used.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimsabbub23
Honestly I think it's fine. The tour is public, you are not claiming you did that tour and or taking credit for doing it. You also are offering the exact same product and quality. I would say it's completely ok to do.

I am just not so sure because some pictures are also published on the internet. You can call them public but some can bring you some legal troubles if you try to use them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I can see Dan's post now with tours offered. Just one example for what we need and it is blurry but other tours for different industries seem to be great.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
I can see Dan's post now with tours offered. Just one example for what we need and it is blurry but other tours for different industries seem to be great.

Which example? Reminder: those are screen grabs: not the actual tours.

You can see the WGAN Example Tours that are available for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members here.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Which example? Reminder: those are screen grabs: not the actual tours.

I have sent details about it in my private message to you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@Wingman

This rooftop restaurant is not among the examples available to WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members.

This rooftop restaurant was shot between 2-6 am when the restaurant was closed to the public.

It was shot at night with available light (with some 'dodging' using an iPhone flashlight).

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I contacted Matterport asking if I can use their marketing video for business tours and some tour from their 3D Gallery to create a video for advertisement. Next day a local guy from their distributor in Australia called me and said no worries you can do it. He told me Matterport asked him to contact me on their behalf to confirm it. I asked him to send me a written confirmation.

He said no problems but instead sent me an email asking me to send my request to msp@matterport.com I did it but it was quite an opposite. They told me they cannot give me any permission to use any tour from their 3D Gallery for that purpose and they said nothing about using their marketing video.

So unless their support guy answered my question the way he thought he should have done without talking to his supervisor it it is just very bad.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?