Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQGeoCVVersus

WGAN-TV Live at 5: GeoCV FAQs with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko8749

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV Virtual Open House™ example courtesy of GeoCV.

WGAN-TV Live at 5: GeoCV FAQs with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko

Hi All,

Got a GeoCV question?

Ask it - live - on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) Thursday, 28 February 2019 when my guest will be GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko.

Our topic: GeoCV FAQs.

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: GeoCV

WGAN-TV - Matterport versus GeoCV with GeoCV CEO and Co-Founder Anton Yakubenko, PhD [January 2018]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t miss this event. GeoCV is pushing the envelope which benefits the entire industry. Impressive innovations from a team of people who are also open and receptive communicators.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Can you join the show and ask Anton questions?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
It’s on my calendar. Only wild card is if a booking interferes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
1) what’s Anton’s legal status working in the US? Is he a citizen? visa holder? Green Card?
2) If geoCV were to receive an injunction to stop publishing, how would publishers be compensated for loss of business?
3) Patent lawsuits can be long and expensive. Who and how is geoCV funding their defense?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

Can you join the show and ask Anton these questions?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Just in case I miss to join..

1. Possibility of constructing the tour with RAW data (images + cloud points) from BLK360
For cases where we opt to work with other services for time being and wish to move to GeoCV when available.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Kumar

Hope you can make it to ask your questions directly.

Hi All,

Please join the show to ask Anton your questions directly.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Dan

Any possibility of sending event calendar for all events so one can add and be reminded?

If the forum platform doesn’t have any such feature you may consider external links?

Thanks
Kumar
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Kumar

If you join the WGAN-TV YouTube Channel, you will automatically get reminded when we go live (activate the bell for notifications).

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod - that was easy. Thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Reminder that you can ask GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko your questions live during the show Thursday (5 pm EST (GMT -5) 28 February 2019.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Got a GeoCV question to ask @AntonYakubenko ...?

Ask it live on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 28 February 2019.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you would like to be reminded when we go live today (Thursday, 28 February 2019) with WGAN-TV Live at 5 with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO @AntonYakubenko ... Subscribe to the WGAN-TV YouTube Channel and enable the bell for notifications.

Plus, when we're live, you can join the program to ask Anton your questions directly using this link or click on the red bar in the bottom-right popup.

screen grab from the WGAN-TV Live at 5 Popup (bottom-right of WGAN Forum.

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Live at 5: GeoCV FAQs with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko

Hi All,

GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO @AntonYakubenko packed in a ton of info in this show.

Special Thanks to Sunningdale, Ascot, Berkshire, UK-based (Responsive Reality) @leonvanzweel and Los Angeles-based (Home3D.us) @Home3D Kevin Dole for asking questions (and for Kevin giving us a sneak peak at his GeoCV scanning experience (Kevin is the first WGAN Member to borrow a GeoCV Kit from the WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program.)

Best,

Dan

P.S. Got follow-up questions for Anton? Please post here ...
Post 15 IP   flag post
craige private msg quote post Address this user
I missed the Live at Five broadcast, however I will be sure to watch that episode this weekend. After just a cursory glance.. and without knowing pricing, it certainly is interesting and immediately has me wonder whether that platform would have been a better choice to start off with. [edited to add:] (I suppose I could still exercise that choice, just jump into a different rabbit hole. My business model would not change, and I would just become familiar with a different toolset.)

That ship has sailed, and I certainly am happy with the results I've achieved for my first client engagement using Matterport and WP3D. More importantly, so is my client.

Maybe this will be a nice addition to my kit in the future, hopefully offering enough unique difference to warrant both. If nothing else, it will motivate Matterport to stay sharp. Curiosity piqued.

-craige
Post 16 IP   flag post
I missed on the show due to timing (rather being lazy to wake up early). I did go through the session in full and I got thinking on two factors.

Power:
Quick swap of the tube cells for the rotor is great and no worries as one could get carry as many.
For the phone it is little concerning for venues where one has limited access (hotels and corporates especially) and we end up wasting time for many reasons in almost all cases.
I am sure Anton and team are checking/ed on the following,

1. Battery case for the camera
1.1 This adds extra weight no doubt - few available range about 100 to 120 gms and can double the life.
1.2 The advantage here is not just extending the life but being able to quick swap
1.3 The overall run time of rotor will reduce but it is still easy to take care with battery change

2. To avoid extra weight on the phone assembly rotor but add to the base rotor with the help of external battery attached.
2.1 We need a USB C adapter - which will care for charge to phone and data to IR unit

3. Possibility designing a power system which can be rested on the tripod - this will be ultimate choice as it reduces the load on rotor and extends the life too.
3.1 Pretty much uncalled for at this point in time

Remote control:
One might think of this as silly but I always find it handy and quick to work in team of 2 for capturing. One to take care of the camera operation + aesthetics of the place etc.. and other that of camera placement + people management etc.....
Window/mirror marking - you did mention of update with snap on feature to ease this.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Lugano, Switzerland
lucadeal private msg quote post Address this user
Hello there!

Awesome video interview, thanks so much Dan!

And KUDOS to Anton and GeoCV for what they're providing, truly amazing!

Just 2 questions:

- Many of my clients are asking for a way to have a kind of a preview of the actual virtual tour (maybe allowing the random viewer to see the whole dollhouse and just 3 or 4 spots) and then if the viewer wants to see the whole 3D tour, he just needs to provide an email address and then he'll be allowed to visit the whole space. It's basically a way to get leads / potential buyers while somehow protecting the property by knowing who's actually visiting it. Is this something possible with GeoCV?

- Is it possible to create a "guided virtual tour" with a PLAY button? 'cause I couldn't find any example of that... also, if that's doable, is there a way to loop it? It's something that some clients are asking me, as an automatic solution to put on large screens within their offices and fair booths.

Thanks!

Luca
Post 18 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
Power:

The bottleneck in power is charging smartphone during shooting. We've done a ton of experiments on that. I doubt we gonna change with this particular smartphone (there are limitations not visible on the surface), but there might be some solutions in the future with different phones.
Post 19 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucadeal
And KUDOS to Anton and GeoCV for what they're providing, truly amazing!

Thank you!

Quote:
- Many of my clients are asking for a way to have a kind of a preview of the actual virtual tour (maybe allowing the random viewer to see the whole dollhouse and just 3 or 4 spots) and then if the viewer wants to see the whole 3D tour, he just needs to provide an email address and then he'll be allowed to visit the whole space. It's basically a way to get leads / potential buyers while somehow protecting the property by knowing who's actually visiting it. Is this something possible with GeoCV?

Not yet, but we had this idea. Would you suggest to ask for email to continue browsing after certain time, or certain number of spots, or any other trigger?

Quote:
- Is it possible to create a "guided virtual tour" with a PLAY button? 'cause I couldn't find any example of that... also, if that's doable, is there a way to loop it? It's something that some clients are asking me, as an automatic solution to put on large screens within their offices and fair booths.

We don't have Play button, but you can manually go through Highlights. Example: https://geocv.com/416e11th
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonYakubenko

Power

Workable option is to have two of S8 - works well for a job of 5 hours target. Then merge the models in post.

For larger scope, you can think of transferring the capture data from one to another phone (may be 10 minutes job with a PC) then continue capturing to make sure alignment is taken care while capturing.

If you think one can bet on post processing 2 phone configuration should suffice. With help from support team one can stitch different sessions — of course with couple of common points in all of them.
Post 21 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonYakubenko

Power

Workable option is to have two of S8 - works well for a job of 5 hours target. Then merge the models in post.

For larger scope, you can think of transferring the capture data from one to another phone (may be 10 minutes job with a PC) then continue capturing to make sure alignment is taken care while capturing.

If you think one can bet on post processing 2 phone configuration should suffice. With help from support team one can stitch different sessions — of course with couple of common points in all of them.

Yeah, it's a good idea, we've considered it. Somewhat cumbersome in implementation, would prefer a more elegant solution. But we keep this option in mind.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Lugano, Switzerland
lucadeal private msg quote post Address this user
@AntonYakubenko (don't know how to quote)

"Not yet, but we had this idea. Would you suggest to ask for email to continue browsing after certain time, or certain number of spots, or any other trigger?"

Here's an example of how I'd love to be handled:

https://3d.immoleague.ch/tour/2094199/

it's basically after a few spots, then you'll have to fill in a pop-up window to keep on visiting.

There's an English flag at the bottom-left corner

Please let me know if that's doable, it would be a game-changer option in this part of the world where privacy is a major concern

THANKS!

Luca
Post 23 IP   flag post
101428 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?