Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Silliest objection from a real estate agent?8748

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

WGAN Question of the Day for Tuesday, 19 February 2019:

Silliest objection from a real estate agent?

(A bonus would be how did you handle the question and win the business?)

Best,

Dan

P.S. This question was inspired by this related WGAN Forum discussion:

How Matterport can - and must - scale exponentially

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
When we asked one of real estate agents why he does not want to add vr tours to their marketing media as it helps to sell faster he replied that he does not care of selling a property as he knows there may be only 10% of people who are coming to a house inspection are truly interested in buying this particular one. He mostly cares of collecting details from another 90% and give them his business card hopping they can become his future customers.

If that's truly his intention and idea of running a house inspection I understand why he does not want virtual tours. He is just trying to use any situation to have a list of potential buyers and future sellers that he can call and push to inspect another property or win a contract for selling another property.

Bonus: How would you handle this objection?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to add that the agent mentioned in my quote above is also a friend of my business partner so he was just being honest. He would not give that reply if he was talking with someone he did not know.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
"Matterport tours make me dizzy."

Huh!?!?!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
This one I can try to object.

The problem with nausea in VR is poor quality graphic and sudden movements. If graphic is in hi resolution and a VR viewer goes slowly it should not make him dizzy.

Poor resolution graphic alone can do it. I have an interesting VR game for PS4 but a developer has made it in low resolution. 5 minutes of playing makes me dizzy.

I have a lot of different VR headsets for different platforms and it is very rare that VR makes me dizzy. But with this game it always happens quite fast.

I do not think anybody will be dizzy from Matterport tours done with a Pro2 and viewed in VR headsets.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
After considering some locking tool before a tour can be viewed and collecting some details from a viewer to help this kind of agents to collect data I came to the same agent again. I asked him would he use virtual tours with this tool as it seems it fixes the problem with collecting details.

He has started looking for other excuses and now he says he does not want to use them because of a security problem. He has told me a story about his relative robbed because they have had a floor plan on a listing and added that he does not even want to supply a floor plan with a listing.

There is no point to argue and object anything he says now as it is obvious for me he is just ready to invent any other excuse for not using virtual tours. I did not even care to ask how the floor plan helped some bad guys to get in and steal small stuff(mostly jewelry) from drawers. It looked like it's most likely it could come from an actual property inspection that these bad guys came to.

Also I walked into a few local agencies yesterday. We called most of them a few weeks ago, asked them a permission to send all tour related information to their emails and they all agreed. However none of them came back after they received our email. We did not follow up because our sale person who called and emailed them was overseas and came back yesterday only.

It worked differently when I walked in some of these agencies. I was not prepared as I was going through local businesses and I only have marketing material for business tours. I still had some time after that so I went first to the one that I tried to buy a home through 3 years ago. Anyway the feedback I got seems to be much better than I expected. In 3 out of 4 I started talking with a receptionist because they asked why I would want to talk with an when/REA agent/marketing person. While I was trying to explain it to the meet&greet person some agent came from a back and he looked very interested.

Now I have four agents waiting for me to send them an email about virtual tours with our price list.

Let see how it goes but at least I have learnt a lesson that even if there is no reaction to your marketing emails(even when an agent agrees to get one) it may not mean that they are not interested. They actually like to look at virtual tours and at least they look very interested when you talk face to face.
Post 5 IP   flag post
eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
After considering some locking tool before a tour can be viewed and collecting some details from a viewer to help this kind of agents to collect data I came to the same agent again. I asked him would he use virtual tours with this tool as it seems it fixes the problem with collecting details.

He has started looking for other excuses and now he says he does not want to use them because of a security problem. He has told me a story about his relative robbed because they have had a floor plan on a listing and added that he does not even want to supply a floor plan with a listing.

There is no point to argue and object anything he says now as it is obvious for me he is just ready to invent any other excuse for not using virtual tours. I did not even care to ask how the floor plan helped some bad guys to get in and steal small stuff(mostly jewelry) from drawers. It looked like it's most likely it could come from an actual property inspection that these bad guys came to.

Also I walked into a few local agencies yesterday. We called most of them a few weeks ago, asked them a permission to send all tour related information to their emails and they all agreed. However none of them came back after they received our email. We did not follow up because our sale person who called and emailed them was overseas and came back yesterday only.

It worked differently when I walked in some of these agencies. I was not prepared as I was going through local businesses and I only have marketing material for business tours. I still had some time after that so I went first to the one that I tried to buy a home through 3 years ago. Anyway the feedback I got seems to be much better than I expected. In 3 out of 4 I started talking with a receptionist because they asked why I would want to talk with an when/REA agent/marketing person. While I was trying to explain it to the meet&greet person some agent came from a back and he looked very interested.

Now I have four agents waiting for me to send them an email about virtual tours with our price list.

Let see how it goes but at least I have learnt a lesson that even if there is no reaction to your marketing emails(even when an agent agrees to get one) it may not mean that they are not interested. They actually like to look at virtual tours and at least they look very interested when you talk face to face.

Personally I wouldn't even bother trying to convert him. He obviously doesn't have his clients' best interest at heart, and if they knew that was his attitude I highly doubt anyone would hire him. That's like saying I don't like to have photographs of inside the property in case it attracts thieves. His best bet is to try and sell a property with just words, that give very minimal details of what's inside the home...just in case! Absolutely crazy!
Post 6 IP   flag post
101426 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?