Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGoogle Street ViewGSVMuseums

Updates on Google Street View?8734

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I have done a quick search here but not finding anything right away - forgive me if this has been covered recently...couple Google Street View questions:

1) Are Mattertags in the works to show up on Street View?? This would be incredibly powerful for business clients

2) Do we or is it in the works for the viewer to be driving down the street in Google Street View - come to the business and click on a link that just takes them inside the business?

Those are the main 2 questions that I have a client asking - last I checked both of these were not possible. Still that way? Anyone know if this is gonna change if not? I mean, these two things would be HUGE.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
1) Crickets
2) Used to be a feature years ago. For those people who still using the little yellow animated character, We can draw people into a parking lot. Just not the business. People will see a box on the side of the building they can click to bring them into the tour or they can see the little blue dots.

Cheese huh.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Understand that GSV is motivated and now concentrating by expanding the blue line in places it doesn’t exist - Africa, Asia, etc., for exterior capture.

MatterTags are a internal benefit of Matterport. If you want to add a call-to-actions in Street View, you would use a 3rd party overlay. Google isn’t interested in adding anything like this for public use directly to Street View.

Photospheres are added to a businesses’ Google Maps knowledge card. Google expects you to view, after finding the business via direct name search or category search, not clicking down the road. Pegman only exists on desktop maps, so seeing a constellation and clicking on it, is now less than 50% of map search.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @pixelray ,

When I do Street View with DSLR and one shot cameras, I use to make some shots on the middle of the street in front of the company entrance and include it on the tour, so sometimes the viewer is "walking" on street view and click on the front of the business and get inside. So this point is automatically connected with the point of the street made by the Google car. On the old Street View Editor we could connect it mannualy. Now it depends on the system and sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't work. And when Google cars update the street it can stop to work or not. Clients ask us about it all the time, so I say that I will try, but we cannot promise it to them anymore.

I still don't use Matterport so I don't know in this case, but can you take some shots on the middle of the street coming to the business with Matterport camera? I don't know if is it Okay to the MP workflow.

Make some tests. Hope I could help.

Jefferson Takeda
Post 4 IP   flag post
Panoskin
Support
Panoskin private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray - I am unaware of Google implementing informational spots on Google Street View. However, Panoskin does have a Custom Builder that uses Googles API to create an overlay on Google 360 images.

Panoskin Custom Tours are a great solution to fit your needs. It acts as a sales tool for clients that they can put on any website. You can add tags on the 360 images with text, images, videos, external URLs and audio. It also incorporates call to action buttons that allow viewers to take action like schedule an appointment or fill out an application while on the tour. Additionally, we track all the viewer's movements and provide the data and reporting tools via a user portal. Better yet we also allow you to create users for your clients so that they can view the same data at any time. Your portal is customizable to your business and your clients will see the portal you created to reflect your company. The data provided to your clients will help them understand the ROI that your imagery and tool is providing them so that they will budget for your services every year.

Below are some examples. Not all the tours have all the features, but there are tags in the education example in the Courtyard and Foglia Library.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at anthony@panoskin.com

Education - http://panosk.in/5c375556816f300d35397bc9
Commercial Real Estate - http://panosk.in/5c37556d2df5e90ed37b358c
Health and fitness: Health Club - http://panosk.in/5c375585816f300d35397bcb
Hospitality: Accommodations - http://panosk.in/5c3755ec6637290ecd59c24b
Hospitality: Resturants - http://panosk.in/5c3755b3816f300d35397bcd
Multifamily Apts - http://panosk.in/5c3755d52df5e90ed37b3590
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
anthony - do you have any examples of how they appear on Google Street with something similar to a Mattertag? Or other embedded options? I'm seeing how they appear in your platform - need something to show my client. Thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not think you can do it in Google Maps as Google has no solution for it.

It looks like Antony's examples are done in a custom 3rd Party overlay like MPEmbed that you can use only outside of Google Map application and it basically has more advanced features implemented that Matterport player has.

If you go to the top Antony's example with a college on actual google maps this tour has not been even published as google inside view on their maps app.

@41.8674155,-87.6541806,20.75z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x880e2ce342f3748b:0x42c86395bf7dd9a8!2s1076+West+Roosevelt+Road,+Chicago,+IL+60608,+USA!3b1!8m2!3d41.8674136!4d-87.654058!3m4!1s0x880e2ce342f3748b:0x42c86395bf7dd9a8!8m2!3d41.8674136!4d-87.654058" target="_blank">clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Wingman - yep; that's my concern - I wasn't seeing his examples translate and carry over to google maps.
Tjis is a great platform obviously - My client really wanted the Mattertag option to make it to Google Maps - so I'm looking for a good alternative.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?