Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearManfrottoTripod

Any good tripod for a Matterport camera with legs locking?8720

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I have just had a look at Dan's post about the tallest tripod and remembered that I am not happy with the one I have. It has come with a PRO2 camera and it's manfrotto 190 cf tripod.

Do not get me wrong it can support the camera weight but what is not good with it it has no fix on keeping its legs stable. Everytime I move my camera from one spot to another legs are getting slightly inside and I have to level my camera almost at any spot. If I forget to do it my camera stops being leveled and it does not allow to do perfect scans.

I know there are tripods that has some mechanism to lock legs in their position and it solves the problem. However at this point I can only see cheap ones coming with this feature and unfortunately they have small amount of payload that they can support.

Does anyone know of any tripod with legs locking feature?

I am talking about something like this that has bars going from each leg to some kind of central locking mechanism which prevents them to be moving at all.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/796298-REG/Magnus_PV_3310_Photo_Tripod_With.html
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

I'm with you. I really don't like the Manfroto 190 cf. It seems like the leg adjustments are always getting too slack and the legs start slowly collapsing. Yes, you can tighten them, but that also isn't ideal - 1/4 turn too far, and the clamp won't close at all. There HAS to be a better design.

My $0.02

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Manfrotto used to do a Triaut which had central bracing and goes up to about 12 feet.
I bought one in 1979 and it's still going strong.
It does weigh a ridiculous amount.
Manfrotto currently do the similar Aluminium Pro Geared Tripod with Geared Column - Black SKU 475B which is listed at £400, but available for less on Amazon.
https://www.manfrotto.ie/aluminium-pro-geared-tripod-with-geared-column-black
They also do video tripods that weigh less, but also have central bracing.
The 475B goes to 188cm / 6'2"
The Manfrotto 161MK2B Super Pro Tripod - Black goes up to 267cm / 8'9"
Post 3 IP   flag post
101743 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?