Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVVirtual Tour

GeoCV questions and answers8679

Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Let's us this spot or have Dan make a spot for all questions related to GeoCV. As of now I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to use our matterport camera and data to upload to the GeoCV platform. To me it seems it has everything they need to be a 3D camera and since many of us already own this camera, and matterport has no jurisdiction over the hardware once it is purchased, just as apple can't tell you it's illegal to jailbreak your phone, it would be a great solution for many of us.

2) As it stands right now with the use of cell phone images will we be able to easily edit the images before or after producing the tour to remove or blur unwanted areas.

3) How easy is it to download and back up a virtual tour, something matterport will not address and has many of us feeling trapped.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
3 good questions.

Question 4) Price for question number 1) if it is possible to do it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
1: How long does it take to scan a 3500 Sq Ft home, edit, download still photos, create walk thru, and deliver to client?

2: What is the status of the infringement lawsuit between Matterport and Geo CV and how would a negative ruling against either company affect our investments?

3: What kind of support is Geo CV offering? I've sent these questions to them with no response.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23 thank you for organizing the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htimsabbub23
1) Is it possible to use our matterport camera and data to upload to the GeoCV platform. To me it seems it has everything they need to be a 3D camera and since many of us already own this camera, and matterport has no jurisdiction over the hardware once it is purchased, just as apple can't tell you it's illegal to jailbreak your phone, it would be a great solution for many of us.

This is not possible on GeoCV side. I can't provide legal advice, so please contact a lawyer or Matterport for understanding of Matterport Terms of Services:
"OWNERSHIP AND LICENSES
3.1. Ownership of Raw Sensor Data. ... You will own the copyrights in all Raw Sensor Data. ... Notwithstanding, the foregoing, Matterport will own all digital copies of Raw Sensor Data, and You shall only use the Raw Sensor Data to upload it to Matterport via the Capture App. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, You may not access the Raw Sensor Data on, or extract the Raw Sensor Data from, any Matterport Camera or the Capture App in any manner."

Quote:
2) As it stands right now with the use of cell phone images will we be able to easily edit the images before or after producing the tour to remove or blur unwanted areas.

Yes, you will be able to retouch processed 360° panoramas and reupload them back to the 3D tour. There is no easy way and in our opinion no necessity to edit content before uploading.

Quote:
3) How easy is it to download and back up a virtual tour, something matterport will not address and has many of us feeling trapped.

Downloading all the content including a version for offline viewing is just a few clicks. Setting up self-hosting is pretty straightforward for people proficient in web. Here is a snapshot of guidelines:

Post 4 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
1: How long does it take to scan a 3500 Sq Ft home, edit, download still photos, create walk thru, and deliver to client?

Capturing of 3,500 sqft house could take 1.5 - 3 hours depending on its layout, whether it's furnished or empty, density of scanning, and personal efficiency on site. Processing of 3D tour takes several hours after uploading depending on number of panoramas (approximately 20 panoramas per hour). Floor plan extraction is usually delivered in 24 hours after 3D tour is processed in the cloud. All 3D tour edits and downloading of still photos are optional and depend on the personal efficiency.

Quote:
2: What is the status of the infringement lawsuit between Matterport and Geo CV and how would a negative ruling against either company affect our investments?

I can't provide legal advice. I can only say that the litigation process has started and could potentially take several years. GeoCV has invested years and millions dollars in building proprietary technology, and has strong position for proving non-infringement of any valid Matterport patent claim. At the same time the parties are in discussions to resolve the litigation.

Quote:
3: What kind of support is Geo CV offering? I've sent these questions to them with no response.

We have received more interest than we anticipated during our launch in beta. We have first replied to the ones who have participated in our survey. And then in a few days to I hope everyone else reaching to us via email or website. And then to everyone reaching out through the forum. If someone's inquiry has fallen through the cracks and has not been answered for a few days, I apologize for that, and please ping us via info@geocv.com.

We're working on FAQ, which could hopefully answer most of your questions.

We're an early stage startup, and now we're looking not just for customers, but for early partners, who will be tolerant to all the imperfections of our product and operations, and eager to provide us feedback, so we could improve further faster. And for that we offer unique terms like unlimited plans with everything included, and closer human interaction, including with myself, as well as ability to leverage being first in your area as a competitive advantage.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Questions:

1) Max. Positions per model?
2) Max. Resolution per Panorama?
Post 6 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Questions:

1) Max. Positions per model?

We have not reached that limit yet The maximum we've done so far was a bit over 400 spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
2) Max. Resolution per Panorama?

We have 2 options:
1. SD - 6434 x 3217
2. HD - 12868 x 6434

The majority of GeoCV 3D tours you've seen are in SD resolution. So if you liked them, you'll like HD even better. HD resolution allows extraction of print quality still photos. It also allows zoom in 3D tours.

I'd stress that one should differentiate between formal megapixels used for marketing and actual level of detail and crispiness. The latter depends a lot on software, both during processing and visualization.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@AntonYakubenko Is the HD available now with the ability to extract print quality print photos and if so do you have any samples of the extracted photos available?
Post 8 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
@AntonYakubenko Is the HD available now with the ability to extract print quality print photos and if so do you have any samples of the extracted photos available?

Both HD capturing and print-quality photos extraction are in the final stages of work-in-progress and are coming soon enough. I'll share some samples when they are available.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks Anton,
I am anxious to sign up and test your system with my clients. Both HD capture and print quality prints are key to me being able to make a decision. As soon as they're available I'm ready to do some testing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?