Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVQuestion of the DayVersus

Matterport Versus GeoCV: Which 3D Tour viewing experience do you like Best?8675

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV 3D Tour courtesy of GeoCV

Matterport 3D Tour courtesy of We Get Around Network | Shot by We Get Around Associate Photographer Yair Yépez

Hi All,

WGAN Question of the Day for Sunday, 10 February 2019:

Matterport Versus GeoCV: Which 3D Tour viewing experience do you like Best?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
PeterWolf private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV!
No doubt! For all the previous mentioned reasons but also just for the look and feel
Post 2 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
I like GeoCV, but I cannot pay more than now (Matterport).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Can you still make a tour with GeoCV? Otherwise GeoCV hands down.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV is so smooth and I really love that they got rid of all the silly dots on the floor that make people look down and click on them. Even myself who has been doing this for 4 years now still clicks on the stupid dots. Is there an option for a guided walkthrough? For me that is what gaps a video and a virtual tour.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
It's hard to say without actually using it. I have no idea how long the whole process takes from scanning to client delivery with Geo CV. I also don't know what the quality of the still photos are that can be downloaded from Geo CV. If you're doing 30-40 scams a month, the Geo CV pricing seems reasonable...if not it may be too high.

This is something I would want to try before I buy but since that doesn't seem like an option, I'll wait until it's been out awhile before I decide on which is better.

I would also like to see what becomes of the patent infringement lawsuit between Matterport and Geo CV. That could be a deal breaker. Too many unknowns for me right now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
@ahojman. I like GeoCV too and also wouldn't pay more than I am paying Matterport now. If you want to win the market in any business its quite simple. Give a little more for a little less. It's that simple.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
This is something I would want to try before I buy but since that doesn't seem like an option, I'll wait until it's been out awhile before I decide on which is better.

The WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program include a GeoCV Kit.

Borrow a GeoCV 3D-360º Enabled Smartphone Camera Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
It's hard to say without actually using it. I have no idea how long the whole process takes from scanning to client delivery with Geo CV. I also don't know what the quality of the still photos are that can be downloaded from Geo CV. If you're doing 30-40 scams a month, the Geo CV pricing seems reasonable...if not it may be too high.

The Question of the Day is about the 3D Tour Viewing Experience only: not about shooting, post production, photos, etc. - just the viewing experience.

Dan

P.S. Got to run out the door for social plans with my wife ... Thanks for your patience.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Experience must be end to end, if asking existing MSPs.

I like GEO CV as it seems smoother, crisper and transitions well graded. But I need more info.

However, my clients like a click ‘n’ play sit back video tour.

Does GeoCv do auto play video walkthrough/slideshow?

Does it work in U.K. ?

Do they ship to U.K.?

What is the price?

What is render time from scan to completion?

What have been max size spaces scanned by this so far? When does it fall over?

Do hi res images export?

What is total pack up size and weight?

Is it powered and controlled by an app?

I got very vague answers back when Inasked Anton and got passed to an external sales hire who just replied ‘no UK shipment yet’.

Experience is end-to-end; from sales to delivery and support.
Post 9 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusnorriss
Experience must be end to end, if asking existing MSPs.

Totally agree. At the same time getting to it is a process. Something might not be available Day 1, but customers could already get huge value from what is available. And then get more and more value over time. We're not targeting everyone now, we're targeting early adopters.

Quote:
I like GEO CV as it seems smoother, crisper and transitions well graded. But I need more info.

Thank you!

Quote:
However, my clients like a click ‘n’ play sit back video tour.

Does GeoCv do auto play video walkthrough/slideshow?

Work in progress.

Quote:
Does it work in U.K. ?

Do they ship to U.K.?

We do not ship outside of the US yet, but we do plan to scale internationally sooner rather than later.

Quote:
What is the price?

We provide pricing to inquiries from the US after qualification since pricing might change for international markets plus we might be offering new plans in the future when we are ready to scale globally.

Quote:
What is render time from scan to completion?

GeoCV 3D Tours are processed and are available for viewing, editing and sharing in several hours after uploading. Turnaround time depends on number of 360° panoramas, speed is approximately 20 panoramas per hour. Floor plans are delivered in 24 hours after 3D tours are processed.

Quote:
What have been max size spaces scanned by this so far?

23,000 sqft (almost 700 square meters): https://geocv.com/premiumpoint

Quote:
When does it fall over?

We have not yet reached this limit But in general we do not recommend scanning spaces larger than 10,000 - 20,000 sqft.

Quote:
Do hi res images export?

Yes, ability to extract unlimited print-resolution HDR photos is coming soon.

Quote:
What is total pack up size and weight?

If we talk about data size during capturing, which is then uploaded to GeoCV Cloud, it is currently about 70 MB per panorama, thus several GB per tour.

If we talk about data downloaded during viewing, only a few MB is downloaded before GeoCV Viewer starts. Then it depends on how comprehensively does user walk through the space, on average it's 30 MB for several minutes of detailed viewing of the space.

GeoCV Viewer has an optimized data management system, which minimizes amount of data to be downloaded before interaction is possible, and then loads data on-demand depending on many parameters such as what pano are you in, what direction are you looking at, what is the resolution of the viewer, is it mobile or desktop, etc. We have particular plans to continue improving it even further. There is no limit to perfection.

The numbers will change with the roll-out of HD capturing, but great UX has been always our priority.

Quote:
Is it powered and controlled by an app?

Yes, capturing is done via GeoCV App, which comes pre-installed on the smartphone included in GeoCV Scanner Kit. The app can be automatically regularly updated.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I love GeoCV's 3D Minimap. I'm a huge fan of minimaps and feel that dollhouse / floorplan mode are great, but aren't the preferred way to jump from place to place.

MPEmbed has a 2D Minimap that can enhance Matterport Spaces, and I think it really offers massive value.

I think that GeoCV's 3D Minimap is a triumph for differentiating them. It's very attractive and helps to add even more immersion as it provides a secondary context to how the user's position relates within the space in a super tangible manner.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
@AntonYakubenko - very clear answers thank you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
My question for Anton...

After reviewing your pricing plan yesterday, I just don't see how an MSP with 2 cameras can justify buying your system right now. I've turned it over in my head and I just don't see how it works.

If I was booked solid with MP scans everyday: why would I jump ship?

If I am a moderately busy (my scenario) with MP scans: how could I justify the cost, unless my plan was to offer super cheap GeoCV scans?

Anyone who has figured an avenue for established MSPs to make a case for this substantial investment, please share!

For me, the only scenario is to drop MP cold and switch 100%, but as someone with a sales background I don't like the idea of dropping THE namebrand for an upstart product that no one has heard of.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise I agree. GeoCV may be a better alternative to Matterport, but right now I have to wait and see. Matterport has issues but it is a proven product that works well and my clients love it. There are still too many unknowns with GeoCv to make a switch. I hope to borrow one of their systems from Dan when more of their features are rolled out to do a comparison based on my needs. I'm also concerned about their pricing. It seems a little high right now during the beta testing phase so I would need to know what it will be when fully implemented.
Post 14 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
My question for Anton...

After reviewing your pricing plan yesterday, I just don't see how an MSP with 2 cameras can justify buying your system right now.

Sure. Without disclosing details of calculation and taking hardware amortization into account, GeoCV Unlimited Plan makes sense for service providers who match any of the criteria below:
- Want to do white labeling, branding, self-hosting, content editing, offline viewing
- Want to own copyrights
- Want to differentiate themselves
- Want to have floor plan overlay, minimap, exterior drone 3D+360 tours and other features
- Do 29+ tours per month with a single camera (e.g. 1 per day)
- Do 16+ tours + floor plans per month with a single camera (e.g. 1 each other day)
- Do 7+ tours + floor plans + OBJ bundles per month with a single camera
- Don't look purely on price and just like GeoCV tours better

I'd be happy to go through my calculations on a call if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
For me, the only scenario is to drop MP cold and switch 100%, but as someone with a sales background I don't like the idea of dropping THE namebrand for an upstart product that no one has heard of.

Well, it's an opportunity to differentiate yourself and be the first and hopefully then the most successful in your market. We're not pushing anyone, it's totally up to each one to decide where they are in diffusion of innovations. We're targeting innovators and some of early adopters at the moment.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
For me it’s got hallmarks of switching from Android to iPhone. Functionality aside it was all about UI amd UX and geocv wins. It’s not necessarily a price war for camera owners but what sells more when you go to town.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101436 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?