Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneDeployGeoCVVersus

Buy a GeoCV Kit/Subscription and Receive Free ...8652

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV Virtual Open Houseā„¢ courtesy of GeoCV

Hi All,

Good news ...

When you buy a GeoCV Kit/Subscription between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019, you will receive 12 Months Free WGAN Basic Membership to help you Succeed Faster.

Details

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tommy629 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan, its still in beta with limited release correct? I'd buy it right now if I could.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tommy629

You can buy GeoCV Kit/Subscription now. Contact GeoCV Here

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
I sent that guy a few requests and never heard back.....
I understand he wants people who have a huge portfolio of clients already.
Post 4 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, they just reached out to me....

I don't think this will be an either or situation.

I see where both platforms can co-exist if they settle their litigation.

In the corporate world they like stability.

Matterport is stability.

In the creative, entrepreneur world they like cutting edge and different.

GeoCV is cutting edge and different.

If you have a business you probably have different solutions for various industries.

Not one size fits all.

I just need something that works. Right now Matterport works, there are thousands of tours out in the world. That gives some clients a comfort factor.

I can see where GeoCV will fill a need I have where clients do not want to be locked into a system and want to own the content.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,& all
I've noticed that GeoCV has an "Outdoor mode" in that example, do you know how that is achieved?

It doesn't appear to be drone results (or is it)? Perhaps photographs from a camera on a high pole that GeoCV auto processes?

Any body have any insight there? Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Hi Dan,& all
I've noticed that GeoCV has an "Outdoor mode" in that example, do you know how that is achieved?

It doesn't appear to be drone results (or is it)? Perhaps photographs from a camera on a high pole that GeoCV auto processes?

Any body have any insight there? Thanks

Perhaps we should create a new thread for this feature, but for now, here is some info:

It works as follows:
- You need a regular drone with a good enough camera (for example, we used Phantom 4 Pro V2.0).
- Flight automation software such as DroneDeploy is recommended. You should be also able to fly manually.
- We provide you guidelines for shooting (see brief description below). You shoot and send us the images.
- We use photogrammetric software to stitch them into 3D scan and optionally align 360 images to the 3D scan.
- We align the exterior 3D scan with the interior 3D scan, and import all the content into GeoCV 3D tour.
- The whole process might take several days.

Here is the brief description of guidelines for shooting:
- It includes automated regular grid trajectory for oblique and nadir shots, which could be automated via DroneDeploy software. This allows you to capture the main content for the house and its surroundings. We also recommend to additionally manually fly around the house in a few circles at multiple altitudes to provide better coverage, quality and level of detail. If flying at low altitudes is prohibitive, you might need to walk around the house with the drone in your hands.
- For any trajectory, consequent images should have large, e.g. 80%, overlap. If possible, the whole house or its larger portions should be visible in the frame, unless these are the images for surroundings. Different flight sessions should have a large enough overlap in trajectory or coverage, e.g. they should start capturing from the approximately the same point.
- You can optionally capture aerial 360 images, which we could integrate into GeoCV 3D tour both aligned to the exterior 3D scan and as highlights. You should use third-party software to capture and automatically stitch these images. We require both the stitched images and source frames for each panorama.
- While shooting with a drone for photogrammetry is not that hard, it does require some skills and experience, so please be prepared for some trial and error learning curve. At least in the beginning until you master the skill, it might be a time consuming process, e.g. could take 2 hours, so it's recommended to have a few extra batteries fully charged before the shoot. According to Inman such GeoCV 3D tours "blow minds", so it's worth the effort.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Great, thanks Anton, very helpful info!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @AntonYakubenko
Perhaps we should create a new thread for this feature, but for now, here is some info:

Anton,

Thank you for the detailed notes on how to do this ...

Here is the WGAN Forum discussion on this topic:

Tip: How to create a 3D aerial fly-in with DroneDeploy and GeoCV

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you bought a GeoCV Kit, reminder to redeem 12 months free WGAN Basic Membership.

Official Rules | Receive 12 Months of Free WGAN Basic Membership Order Form

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?