Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseEmbedNewbiesProblems

Get default background image865

JacobClausen private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I was wondering, is there anyway to fetch the default background image that is used in the iframe before it's "played". The reason I ask is because I intend to just show an image and when clicking on it display the actual 3D tour in a lightbox window.

Thanks for you time.
Regards,
Jacob
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jacob

I think what you are asking is the initial image you selected for viewers to see when they first look at your showcase. If that is the case all you need to do is download the image and use it to launch you VT. Obviously you need to assign the embedded code to that image.

I hope that is the answer to your questions.

Best regards
Gary
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi there,

thanks for your reply. Alright, I understand.
I was hoping there would be some quick way to fetch it, like:
https://my.matterport.com/defaultimage/?m=6aMdmBRwRSe or something like that. Would be handy!

Many thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Jacob
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @JacobClausen ..

Couple things here:

1. Default Image

If you look in the source of your model page, you'll see that they publish what you are mostly looking for as the OpenGraph Image, with the following syntax:

https://my.matterport.com/api/v1/player/models/6aMdmBRwRSe/thumb

2. Shameless Plug

If you happen to be using WordPress to build out your site, please take a look at the solution that we created with WP3D Models. This plugin will help you manage all of your models and auto create the links like you describe. You'll also get auto-generated image thumbnails that link to unique/trackable URLs for each model you add. If you wanted to open them up in a lightbox (instead of linking to the unique URL) there are features available to make this a very easy tweak.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Thanks...Ross
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hey Ross, yep I saw that and was hoping for a way to access it exactly like you explained now.

Thank you so much!!
That helps a lot.

Regards,
Jacob
Post 5 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
rpetersn, does the WP3d plugin obfuscate the link to the scan so competitors can't just grab the link and put it up on their site?

Is that even possible. I think maybe it isn't since, in mobile browsers, any click on a scan automatically pops it into a new tab and at that point anyone could see what url is.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @mikeE...

No, WP3D doesn't currently obscure/obfuscate/hide/etc any of the URL data. One could potentially try to do some of that using Javascript or something, but any decent developer would be able to see through it using a modern browser's debugging tools. I suppose there's a bit of "security through obscurity" you might gain....but not sure how much it'd be worth it.

Are you having a problem with people "borrowing" your scans?
Post 7 IP   flag post
101704 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?