Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ICNY19

Matterport eBlast to Matterport Service Providers (Tues., 29 Jan 2019)8583

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grabs: Matterport eBlast to Matterport Service Providers today, Tuesday, 29 January 2019

Hi All,

Above is the eBlast Matterport sent to Matterport Service Providers (MSPs) today, Tuesday, 29 January 2019.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dubai, UAE
michaelakinyemi private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting to see a sample of a Matterport virtual tour created using the 360 cameras.

Dan, will be good if you can try out one of your 360 cameras and share the matterport link for all to see.

Thanks
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelakinyemi Social Sharing is activated on this model from Matterport, therefore I think it is ok if I share this here. This is made with the Theta V.

I am very happy with the recent announcements from Matterport.

Again, Matterport is innovation driver. The integration of photogrammetry (cortex) into the rendering process will lead to better quality models with the Pro2.

And I am looking forward, that Matterport (or a 3rd party) will probably also integrate a drone camera into the workflow for 3D exterior models. Then we will have it all in one platform - probably the strongest 3D platform in the market.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages - Looking good. Couldn't get the share button to work yesterday. Looks like ti's working today. We gotta spend more time embracing what we can do with this vs sitting around complaining about the direction of the company.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
It’s progress. Well received.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV @angusnorriss @MeshImages @michaelakinyemi Yes and no. Why this, we don’t need this. I thought of having a remote trigger so you don't have to carry your iPad and speed up the capturing.

But again go back to our wish list.

Look at the sample model, THE CAMERA STILL SHOWS IN MIRRORS ... so this is a backwards leap for them and not forward. And they can remove the camera out of mirrors and reflective objects they know how to do it. But they still try and push selling the big black doorstops. Its the only reason they keep the cameras in mirrors please proof me wrong. Why have a seen samples with the camera removed out of Mirrors.

I have a question will you be able to edit the panos, say from the Insta and will the Insta360 Pro4K get supported ?

What will the capturing time be ?

What will the processing be $9.95 and how will hosting work ?

So now we can sell tours for $59.95 - its works you out cheaper to go and play golf or go fishing than to scan for so cheap. The intelligent people on this forum will get this TIME = MONEY , what is your time worth? And no its not a volumes game, will you be able to do 20 - 30 scans a day and hire staff to scan , answer is nope.

I just did 4 days in another country averaging 12 - 15 scans/ day ( rooms, banquets, Restaurants, Gyms and Spas) for a hotel group, and yes charged them starting at $700 minimum per tour depends on the size. So the guys selling for a $100 don’t know what your time is worth to you. Have another 48 hotels to do for the client. So a new system with no camera in the mirror will be welcomed , and I will go and reshoot this entire project for free if I get a solution that allows me to do this with a smile. We are not selling Matterport , you are selling yourself and your company, not Matterport, you give your clients the best/ latest solution on the market. And if you dont get this maybe this is not for you.

We have said this in the past, Matterport needs to be shown to the end user and not the other way around. That is the only way to create demand. But looks like their marketing gurus knows what they are doing.

But maybe its true people don’t care about high quality virtual immersive tours and will be happy with this new quality. Okay and what is the stat 90% of property searches is done on mobile. This is going to be awesome for AirB&B because now they can go and do the capturing in-house for pennies this is going to be a game changer for sure.

But lets be like the rest ( sheep ) and be happy about this I am just not a strong supporter of sheep nor dead fish.

Happy scanning
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?