Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,023 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 45 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasColdOutdoors

Will Matterport Pro2 operate in -21 below zero Fahrenheit weather8580

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I have a job to shoot on Thursday that requires 8-10 360 exterior scans. Thew weather forecast is for -21 degrees Fahrenheit wind chill. Does anyone know if the Matterport Pro2 will even operate in those conditions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
According to their own tech specs, no. HOWEVER, since you only need 8-10 exterior scans, keep the camera in a warm place, then go out and shoot each 360 sequentially, with a warm up in between. Even if it is that cold, the camera can't cool down far enough (I don't think)in a short time to be rendered inoperable.

Good luck, and stay warm!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman let us know how it goes!
Post 3 IP   flag post
M_Wasserman private msg quote post Address this user
I have a clause in my contract that states that I reserve the right to not scan if conditions are not deemed safe for me or my equipment. I think -21 would fall under that clause, I would not risk a 4000 Dollar piece of equipment for any scans at -21.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @M_Wasserman
I have a clause in my contract that states that I reserve the right to not scan if conditions are not deemed safe for me or my equipment. I think -21 would fall under that clause, I would not risk a 4000 Dollar piece of equipment for any scans at -21.

Like he said

@rzphotoman

If you keep it warm and then go outside, careful about the camera fogging up.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I agree with Dan you may have the camera fogging up. I would save them for last, so if it fogs up or you have a camera issue in the cold the main project would be done.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks everyone. I do have "weather permitting" in the contract regarding the outdoor scans and most likely will postpone them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman I have shot on an oil rig and it was 147.2 Farenheit + , nearly passed out twice from the heat. But camera worked fine and client was amazed. But again doing it on your own risk.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
The real question is, will you survive it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Be safe!

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks again everyone. I was able to re-schedule it for the next day. Supposed to be much warmer...around +20 degrees Fahrenheit. I can handle that.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
Thanks again everyone. I was able to re-schedule it for the next day. Supposed to be much warmer...around +20 degrees Fahrenheit. I can handle that.

I would imagine that you may have better luck using an insta360 ONE X at these temperatures! No rotation and you can warm the camera in your gloves between shots!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101271 12 12