Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ICNY19Matterport Cloud 3.0

What should Matterport be telling Matterport Service Providers?8573

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I can imagine that many WGAN Forum readers have both excitement - and some angst - about Matterport's announcements today (Monday, 28 January 2019). (Tagged: ICNY19)

What should Matterport be telling Matterport Service Providers to reassure us and why potential Matterport Service Providers should buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?

In a related WGAN Forum discussion, a Member writes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @OWeaver
I talked to Matterport today [Monday, 28 January 2019] and they said the $9.99 is only for one scan to encourage people to try it.

If that's true, then Matterport may have fumbled the football by not managing Matterport Service Providers expectations whom all are paying $49 to $149 monthly (or $499 to 1,499 annually).

I could imagine many of us read $9.99 thinking that was a monthly hosting plan with X number of models processed and hosted.

Best,

Dan

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: ICNY19 (Inman Connect New York City 2019)
Matterport Unveils New Cloud Platform, Unlocking Ubiquitous Access To 3D
Matterport + All 360º Cameras = Exponential Growth (for all of us)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miguelea private msg quote post Address this user
we are sorry
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Miguelea
we are sorry

Seems like that's not the response that Matterport wanted to evoke from Matterport Service Providers.

BTW, I checked the Matterport Press Release. It says "a $9.99 “Starter” subscription tier for supported 360 cameras beginning in March 2019"

So, I'm still unclear on whether you get to add one new Matterport 3D Tour monthly for $9.99 or if you get to host one model - period - for $9.99 monthly.

Seems like this is too important a topic for us to be confused about.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Inman headline at 10:19 am EST today (Monday, 28 January 2019)

Screen Grab from Inman today (Monday, 28 January 2019) at 3:10 pm EST (Same URL with two different headlines!)

Hi All,

Some more confusion on this topic ...

Inman's original story was titled:

Matterport slashes prices for 3D tours (which is confirmed by the URL)
https://www.inman.com/2019/01/28/matterport-slashes-prices-for-3d-tours/

Now the Inman headline says ...

Matterport offers free and low-cost 3D tour plans (same URL)
https://www.inman.com/2019/01/28/matterport-slashes-prices-for-3d-tours/

So, I am still confused about "a $9.99 “Starter” subscription tier for supported 360 cameras beginning in March 2019"

If you learn more, please share here.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
From a related WGAN Forum discussion ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
... with all the news I'm hearing about Matterport and Insta360 now working together, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how this is good for MSPs. I just see more of my clients deciding to just do it themselves. Why would anyone buy a Matterport Pro 2 camera anymore?

Ask any portrait photographer how much their business grew as the quality of cellphone cameras increased. Bet you don't find many. I expect the same thing to happen to MSPs. I hope i'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
At least MP could say a big thanks to all the MSP's who funded they operations since 2014 and allowed MP to make the claim that they have hundreds of thousands of VT's which allowed them to get millions of dollars from VC. You all have to remember that your donation to MP has help them in the cause and if you all end your subscriptions these models should all go dark and at least some of their revenuer will cease which might get there attention.

Those that paint this as a great advancement need to take off the rose tinted glasses as this has always been MP's game plan from the beginning. I stated this in 2014 if you go back in the old archives of WGA. We have all been aiding MP in getting to this point and unless they make some concession like keeping all of our models up and running without paying anymore monthly subscription and just paying the now stated $10 fee we'll be all contributing to the eventual demise of the MSP as people will be shooting VT for $49 a pop within months with their £300 360 cameras. Don't forget that Apple is bringing out a phone soon with the a new 3D sensor which will compete directly with those of you who have Pro MP cameras. I feel in closing that we have all been taken for a ride and to make matters worse we all had to pay for it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I also wish that MP had a better way of delivering the new information to existing providers, even if the information was released at the same time or date so we can get the info strait from them or did I miss something.
Post 7 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 MP has never cared about MSP as we have seen them disregard us time and time again. It's all about the bottom line to make the company as fat a possible for a takeover and a big payday for their investors.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder So true and its very sad.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101433 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?