Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iOSNews

Apple Working On Long Range '3D Camera' For 2019 iPhone8538

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Forbes (30 December 2019) Apple Working On Long Range '3D Camera' For 2019 iPhone

"In a major scoop, Bloomberg has revealed Apple is working with Sony to integrate long distance 3D cameras into its next-generation iPhones. This is technology, with the potential to transform photography, security and gaming. Furthermore, the source couldn’t be better: Bloomberg spoke to Sony itself," reports Forbes.

'“Cameras revolutionized phones, and based on what I’ve seen, I have the same expectation for 3D [cameras],” said Satoshi Yoshihara, head of Sony’s sensor division, when speaking with Bloomberg.'"

"Differentiating itself from rivals, Sony’s 3D cameras use ‘Time of Flight’ technology (previously used only in industry). It sends out invisible laser pulses and measures the time before they bounce back to build detailed 3D models of objects up to five metres away."

Source: Forbes

Your thoughts on an Apple iPhone with a 3D Camera in 2019 or 2020?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not upgrading until they release a Hologram camera!
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
This will be the game changer that everyone has been waiting for and may spell and end to MP as loads of developers will begin to develop apps to map everything including homes and commercial spaces. This is exactly what GeoCV has been waiting as well as many others. If anyone were considering purchasing a MP camera this announcement has now brought reasons to reconsider that purchase.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@GarySnyder I may be wrong, but I think you might be jumping the gun on this one. I think it will be more of a novelty rather than a game changer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman I beg to differ as the included 3D capability incorporated in a phone or tablet was MP's original game plan if you look back into the history of the company. Look at what GeoCv and others have accomplish with their current limited resources, Now include a Laser-based time-of-flight camera this is a game changer that will shake up the industry where someone just takes their iPhone and scans a home on their app and presto your have a completed VT with dollhouse and may be even a floor plan. You have to remember that technology advances at 4 to 6 month cycles and development quickly follows. I would not be supp rise that these phones are already in the hands of A Level Developers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Well, I guess it's time to sell the Matterport.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?