Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceStatisticsTips

Matterport Statistics8504

Pgrim private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

I know there has been many posts about this subject before and i have gone back and read quite a few subjects in the archives. Its possible that i didnt read a post that explains may next question.
I am confused with the statistics that matterport display for each space.
Hopefully someone can provide a simple answer to a question for me, I am looking at the (7 day) unique visitors per day to a space. It tells me that there are 37. Over the lifetime of the space there has been 685 unique visitors over 14 weeks. So it makes sense that the weekly average is 49.

I have attached an image since the space was uploaded.
There is an obvious spike at the start where the space has been promoted by my client, but now things are trailing off.
What is the point in knowing the average daily viewings since inception?
Surely we need to know how the space is being viewed at the moment?
How many new people have viewed the space this week.
Am i missing something?

happy to hear if i need to view it differently

thank you all
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
The values that you are seeing are based of how Matterport is calculating the averages.

1)For life time it takes all values of unique visitors and divides it by the number of months.

Example.
My site has had 1200 unique visitors over 12 months. The average is 100 unique visitors per month.

2)7 days it takes all unique visitors over the last 7 days and sums them. If you multiply that by 4 it should give you a value close to the average given by 1)

Example: My site has 5 unique visitors/day over the last week. Sum is 35 unique visitors in the last week. Thus over a month that would be approximately 140.
I would deduce from this information that I am now getting a lot more unique visitors to my sight, the tour is working

If the value was significantly lower the client may need to advertise better, etc. etc.

You can download the statistics from the Matterport myspace if you click on the graph icon on the top bar. It is however not helpful that they do not give you daily info so you can plot it on a graph.

I think you could use Google analytics to get this value, i hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Leonherbert

Thanks for responding, I understand what you are saying. It just seem like a very limited way of showing the information.
A nice daily graph showing the number of visits would be much clearer, especially if you could adjust the time frame. They obviously know the information is confusing as they have tried to make their explanation under the question mark icon.
Matterport need to put some thought into this and present more information to us rather than showing the bare minimum.
We shouldnt have to go to google analytics to find the information that Matterport already has.
I think i read somewhere that WP3D has a plug in that helps with this.

Thanks again
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
NP,
I actually contacted MSP support and christine sent this to me:
've entered a feature request with Product to include the breakdown of the Daily with the exported data.

So something might happen.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Great work,

It doesn't hurt to ask the question and we all might get some benefit out of it.

Cheers
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
All of Matterport’s muscle should be engaged to get Realtor.com to make a big deal of listings which include MP. The site’s tiny “3D View” button should instead be huge to incentivize agents to include MP. Realtor should publicly boast that they are the largest aggregator festuring MP 3D. Look at Zillow: listings with Video have a big clear “VIDEO” button begging to be clicked, and I suspect Zillow will do as much or more with their 3D Home-equipped listings. This is smart. Why doesn’t MP make a deal with Redfin to allow auto uploading if MP to listings, like they have with Realtor? Redfin shows MP but only on their own listings.

I’m happy that MP is adding new features, but increasing awareness with the public is MORE important.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101732 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?