Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360OutdoorsPhotogrammetry

Is there an alternative solution for outdoor scanning without a BLK360?8478

annevanzwol private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my clients request outdoor scanning. It seems the only solution for the Matterport ecosystem is to invest in a Leica BLK360.

If you take into account the fast development of hardware I am not so sure if this is a good investment.

Therefore, I am looking for alternative solutions which combine 3D with 360 imagery. I am aware of Cupix however the 3D transition is not comparable to Matterport

Currently I am looking at GeoCV which seem to work outside.

Just to make sure. Does anyone know of other solutions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
lauks private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting topic, and i agree on the BLk360. If doing such invest then i would go for the rtc360, even if 3x the price. But not supported by MP. Is GeoCv a subscription or a service? Can’t see prices...
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@annevanzwol
Depending on time frame and the scheduling have you considered renting a BLK360 for the job, one to see if you like the work flow and two to see if the final product is something you like and enjoy working with, without the large investment until you know your return on investment is there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
annevanzwol private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@annevanzwol
Depending on time frame and the scheduling have you considered renting a BLK360 for the job, one to see if you like the work flow and two to see if the final product is something you like and enjoy working with, without the large investment until you know your return on investment is there.

This is what I am planning to do. If I like the workflow (which I expect I do) then still I feel that is a lot of money which will make a it a difficult businesscase.

I would prefer a cheaper alternative.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
Drone and photogrammetry workflow is the most accessible way to capture exterior 3D models.

Solutions to combine Matterport and Drone OBJ are soon coming to the market...
Post 5 IP   flag post
lauks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal3D
Drone and photogrammetry workflow is the most accessible way to capture exterior 3D models.

Solutions to combine Matterport and Drone OBJ are soon coming to the market...

what does "soon" mean, and who will bring what to the market? Matterport? As for now MP does noet seem very open , neither in nor out?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV solution !

If you are looking for 3D interactive spaces using the OBJ (not 360 pictures) you can contact me via PM for more information.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Montreal3D the problem with the drone is not having interactive panoramic views at eye level if that is what your looking to in cooperate with 3d model. Just one more process.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
MPEmbed.com will soon have the ability to show 3D Models from Drone Deploy. It is unlikely that I will be able to align a 3D capture to a dollhouse and allow transitions.

Concerning capturing outside spaces, the BLK360 is the best method at the moment as the Matteport Pro-1/Pro-2 depth sensors are too weak to survive in daylight.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members get the free use of MPEmbed.com Premium Basic Plan. Use This Form from the WGAN Welcome Onboard Letter. (Please Private Message me for the password, if you need the password to the Form or Welcome Onboard Letter.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101717 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?