Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,048 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Question of the DayScanning

Question of the Day: What metrics do you track while doing Matterport scans8475

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Thursday, 3 January 2019) is:

What metrics do you track while doing Matterport scans?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I periodically check the Matterport statistics to check how many views the spaces are attracting. I must add that this is usually a depressing experience, showing a dozen or two views weekly, and I can’t help faulting Realtor.com and other aggregators for almost HIDING Matterport walkthroughs on their websites.

As I’ve droned on regarding in the past, Realtor has shot themselves in the foot for two years. They’ve had a dramatic asset, the only major RE aggregation site with MP 3D Dollhouse Walkthroughs - and they’ve hidden them away behind a teeny, tiny spec of a “3D View” button on listings. They should have placed a large flag on their landing page allowing visitors to “Filter for Listings with 3D Walkthroughs” so that people nationwide would understand that Matterport exists. But, no...

It may soon be too late. Cupix is refining a good product. Perhaps GeoCV will be another, and let’s especially remember that Zillow may soon open nationwide their 3D Home 360° Walkthroughs (no, they’re not truly “3D” but will buyers care?). I’ve already had one client tell me they prefer the Zillow 3D Home walkthrough over MP.

Yes, I still believe MP is the Mercedes experience. Yes, they’re working to improve it and stay on top. But none of this matters once the general public accepts something else en masse. Back in 1980 (yeah, I’m old enough) you could be proud about owning a superior Sony Betacam video cassette player. But inferior VHS became the standard en masse and one day you couldn’t even find a store to sell you a blank Beta tape, much less one with your favorite movie recorded on it.

Mass market is everything, and it starts and ends with the general public. That is who MP and all competitors need to focus on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101589 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?