Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Inside CameraiSTAR PulsarMeasurementsOutdoorsScans

Laser scanners for producing as-built Drawings8445

Charlotte, NC
3dvrwalkthrough private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I have had success using a Matterport scan and turning it into a as huilt drawing to forward to several architects providing them a PDF and DWG file to upload into CAD.

Now here is the question. I have been doing research on purchasing another laser scanner to measure. I also have a iSTAR pulsar which
I believe produces the correct Xyz or cloud file to produce the 2D drawings.

I am looking for a solution that could scan outdoors and indoors to produce a 2D as built floor plan and also give the architect to draw elevations if necessary. Please advise. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
neeravbm private msg quote post Address this user
You should look at Faro or Leica. A more appropriate forum to post this will be laserscanningforum.com.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@3DVRWalkThrough The iStar Pulsar does not create point clouds. It captures panoramas with precise GPS.

It sounds like you may be interested in a Leica BLK360, which we have discussed here many times. It works with Capture, scans outside, and retains super high quality point clouds with amazing accuracy that can be exported from the device and used with a multitude of different applications for CAD/BIM.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Charlotte, NC
3dvrwalkthrough private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone for the input
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@3dvrwalkthrough
You might also consider FARO Scanplan, if you only want a 2D layout this might be a consideration, still about a $10,000 investment.

clickable text

Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?