Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AnalysisCommentaryMarketingMeeroPartneringRJ Pittman

Imagine one company ordering 20,000+ Matterport 3D Tours8370

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Yes. Imagine one company ordering 20,000+ Matterport 3D Tours.

Now imagine their competitors jumping in.

Now imagine the same thing happening in multiple spaces.

Can't imagine?! Perhaps you missed this item ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Just this week (3 December 2018), a very senior executive from [redacted] reached out to me asking, “Are there enough Matterport Service Providers so that our company could order 20,000 Matterport 3D Tours?” [The answer is yes. And, now imagine that their competitors see what’s happening and you get the idea.]

... near the bottom of my original post to this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport + All 360º Cameras = Exponential Growth (for all of us)

While you are deep in the trenches of developing your Matterport Service Provider business, it may be easy to miss the "big picture" that Matterport has developed a critical mass of service providers that is necessary for large companies even to have interest in our space.

For every call I get like the above, I could imagine that Matterport is having equally exciting discussions with major companies in many verticals that are all starting to ask similar questions about serving the potential, large-scale needs where great visual storytelling (and data) can help companies:

✓ make money
✓ save money
✓ save time

You might be surprised to learn that four years ago - October 2014 - I wrote at length on this topic:

Analysis: How the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers Will Accelerate Adoption of Matterport 3D Showcase Cloud Processing and Hosting

I continue to believe that Matterport can grow exponentially when it nurtures and develops 3rd party strategic alliances with photography agencies to send these mega leads (as it is likely doing with this announcement):

Meero Announces Partnership with Matterport

Unlocking the value in Matterport, as described here ...

Question of the Day: What does it mean that Matterport now has a new CEO?

... depends on Matterport partnering: not building labor intensive internal departments to handle. Imagine if Apple tried to do internally what 2+ million apps now do.

Exponential growths happens faster via partnering.

What do you think? Are major companies likely to do massive buys of Matterport Spaces?

And, will Matterport collaborate with 3rd party services such as Meero, the We Get Around Network Find a Pro Map and the WGAN Instant Booking Service powered by KoaWare - modified for specific verticals?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
With Subway having the most locations in the US at 26,960, how well do you think that would pay with most locations being located in a gas station, food court or other space as little as 300 - 2,000 sq ft space for patrons?

Next on the List is McDonalds and Burger King with much larger dining areas to scan with each having about 15,000 locations each.

Which leads me to believe "senior executives" continue to stretch further and further away from reality what happening on the front lines of their business. When the questions become this stupid, our market may have peaked. These are the guys that need to be cut loose before lay offs occur with the workers on the front line.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

I do want to keep the company and industry confidential.

That said, I will play "20 Questions" once: it is not Subway, McDonalds or Burger King.

The outreach by [redacted] is an on-going use case; plus, we all would be super-excited to see this company move forward with this use case. We would all say, "Yes! Finally a major company that understands the potential for Matterport to:

1) Make a company money
2) Save a company money
3) Save time
4) disrupt workflow (in a good way) for this company (and associated companies).

So, why you might be tempted to reply with another company or industry, I will not confirm or deny.

I just want to say, it's exactly the kind of forward thinking we all have been hoping/expecting.

Stay tuned.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101646 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?