Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMatterport EcosystemRJ Pittman

Open Letter to the new CEO8336

mori private msg quote post Address this user
Who of you would be in to write and sign an open letter to the new CEO to welcome him and to present our 10-25 most important pain points which should be improved asap.

I think this is a good opportunity and would also help him to get started.

All the best,
Marcus
Post 1 IP   flag post
geemaps private msg quote post Address this user
A great idea, everyone will write what is important to him or her and does not exist or not functioning properly and from the information it will be possible to produce an accurate letter that will present our need from the new CEO.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
The CEO frankly isn’t interested in technical issues. He has a product team that deal with that...in my opinion the only 3 things that should be in such a letter should be:
1) Stop advertising cameras to everyone that uses their portal to request an MSP. They’re undermining our business.

2) Stop allowing large companies onto the platform to exploit MSP’s for capture and force them to use MSP’s like everyone else allowing MSP’s to leverage the copyright on their work.

3) Stop any integration with Meero, it will entirely destroy any chance of MSP’s creating a value add small business and completely commoditize 3d services.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
My CEO wish list:

- product road map
- MP Pro3 camera
- business strategy building on creative MSPs
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
My CEO Wish List:

#1) Commitment to growth in technology including providing a technology roadmap.

#2) Commitment to building a strong team that share a common vision and maintaining a positive work environment that nurtures creativity and rewards hard work.

#3) Commitment to being a public face for Matterport -- appearing in videos, participating in writing letters to users (both big and small) and appearing at an increased number of events and trade shows.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
The #1 request I have is that Matterport invest 100% of their residential real estate marketing budget toward increasing the general public's awareness of MP and its benefits. This is the key to making MP the standard for RE Walkthroughs.

Coke and Pepsi don't advertise to restaurants, they pitch the general public. What the public wants, restaurants will buy. And when the public understands and wants MP, when they understand MP saves Buyers hours of home shopping time, agents will provide. But not until then.

MP must find ways to engage the general public of RE Buyers and Sellers. When this is accomplished, agents will engage MSPs and use MP on every listing.

Every listing has photos. Why? They're expected by the public. Same goes for making MP a staple in real estate.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
The #1 request I have is that Matterport invest 100% of their residential real estate marketing budget toward increasing the general public's awareness of MP and its benefits. This is the key to making MP the standard for RE Walkthroughs.

Coke and Pepsi don't advertise to restaurants, they pitch the general public. What the public wants, restaurants will buy. And when the public understands and wants MP, when they understand MP saves Buyers hours of home shopping time, agents will provide. But not until then.

MP must find ways to engage the general public of RE Buyers and Sellers. When this is accomplished, agents will engage MSPs and use MP on every listing.

Every listing has photos. Why? They're expected by the public. Same goes for making MP a staple in real estate.

By the time they have woken up there will be a lot more new competition out there and it will be too late for Matterport, as they are still fast asleep at the wheel. This can be a multi billion dollar industry but gets run like a photo booth. Won be surprized when teh new iPhones launch you will be able to capture spaces. Then its goodbye Matterport.

Why not put some of the MSP's on the board as non share holders and get real input. Nobody cares about financials if the product is slowly failing and losing market share, come on dont be like Nokia.

A wish list if you have not learnt by now does not work with Matterport, for how many years now have we been asking for things. But its more important for them to target our customers than bettering the product and service offering. Let us do the leg work and marketing as you clearly do not know what you are doing.

But lets see what happens like they say a new broom sweeps clean. They need more than a broom , maybe a Dyson XL 100000000
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mori

The WGAN Forum Community identified many big picture "wish list" items during the Matterport Ecosystem Kerfuffle.

I summarized them here 10 months ago:

An Open Letter to Matterport CEO Bill Brown

Should some or all of these issues be on the open letter to Matterport's new CEO, RJ Pittman?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
So finally my top 5:
1. Full control and rights on all material for the camera owner, also after MP subscription - especially on extra paid assets.

2. Full access to all assets (e.g. high resolution panoramas) as single items or packages fairly priced or free like OBJ.

3. a better SDK and Developer-Programme with e.g. iFrame less player options for local hosting, offline usage (e.g. for trade fairs, poi and pos solutions) and eCommerce integrations.

4. European based processing and hosting.

5. Full real compliancy to GDPR and DSVGO.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod - the provided List is in my opinion a great one which should be included.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
One of my top suggestions for the new MP CEO is to get more U.S. aggregators to enable one-click installation of MP models, like Realtor.com and Homes.com

This is another "wish list" item from this WGAN Forum discussion:

The three main UK property portals are now offering virtual tours

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! @Home3D hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Market to the end user and if they like it, they will (hopefully) demand it from their realtor. It wouldn't hurt if Matterport would simultaneously stop marketing to our clients.

Scott
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sbl110

Yup! Matterport must get home sellers to ask real estate agents for Matterport 3D Tour. Period.

Adding to the "Wish List" ... publish a dynamic, know issues list with a date/time stamp with status.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101431 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?