Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360CADLandscape DesignPIX4D

Landscape CAD8313

Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve got a client who’s a landscape designer. They would like to use Matterport scans of the outside of the surrounding home and get CAD drawing along with elevation measurements to conduct landscape design, is this possible.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Difficult because of the sensitivity of Matterport to daylight. Better would be the Leica BLK360, which you can use with Matterport Capture.

KF
Post 2 IP   flag post
But what if I don’t have access to a Leica? Would it be possible if I scanned around the perimeter of the home and during dusk while the sun is minimal? Would that be sufficient to provide enough data for a CAD and elevation stats?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Sure, you can do that,but it may take multiple dusks to accomplish it. I can't state unequivocally that quality of the data is sufficient for CAD / elevation, but my feeling is that it is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to see this in action. I'm actually a landscape designer by trade and though I've thought about trying this many times I barley can get a deck to scan right with any hint of sun.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
Will you share the address of the home. I can get a geo location into sketchup and see what I can do.
The lot looks pretty level. Do you know what they are trying to accomplish?
You can get tremendous data from a drone capture with Pix4D too.

Edit: Because the lot is so flat, the camera is going to have data to scan.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @HelloPado
You can get tremendous data from a drone capture with Pix4D too.

@Tette99

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: PIX4D
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/tag/pix4d

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
The address is in China actually where google is restricted
Post 8 IP   flag post
I’m actually going to have a mavic pro with me along with the Matterport. I’m not quite sure what to capture with the drone to use with Pix4D.
Post 9 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
If you are going to be doing accurate CAD files, you'll want to use a Leica BLK360 or another LiDAR system with more accurate measurements. The approximations from Matterport, especially on the elevations, are not good enough in most cases. The Pix4D option is ok, but the process of getting a CAD file made out of that point cloud is a bit of a mess.
Post 10 IP   flag post
At this point the only options I have is MP with drone. What about drone deploy vs pix4D? Any recommendations?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
Im biased toward Pix4D because of its overall service and quality of output deliverables.
I've used drone Deploy also. Either are suitable for your application.
Although... neither will be beneficial for surveying terrain because you're working with what looks like a level lot.
For kicks and giggles... will you give me the address and let me see what i can find.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?