Hi All,

I received this email today .. (Tuesday, 20 November 2018)

Dan

--

Hi Dan!

I was considering adding a second MP camera to my business, and then I saw this from you.
My question, (to the guru of 3D), do I get another MP or are there better options now?

Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃🍁
[redacted]

---

Hi [Redacted],

Thank you for reaching out (and for your kind words).

If you have enough business to justify a second Matterport Camera, you should buy it. (I'd wait until Black Friday. I could imagine that Matterport will have a special. (Also, talk with a Matterport rep to see if they can do better, otherwise tell them that you will buy online.)

Here are the latest Matterport Camera sale prices, courtesy of @TrustedPhotoDC in the WGAN Forum discussion:

Save on the MP250 Camera - for New Customers

I encourage you to look at these two solutions:

Zillow Tour App (Zillow calls it Zillow 3D Home) + Ricoh Theta V (borrow a Ricoh Theta V from WGAN
HomeAway (VRBO) + InsideMaps (waiting to hear if they will give us some of their rotators to loan

On the Zillow front, even though Zillow is not yet in your market, you can create Zillow tours today and use the iFrame embed code and link anywhere. You want to be the first broker with Zillow tour in your market.

On the HomeAway from, since you are in a vacation rental market, this might be a great solution. Other than the rotator, their is no monthly recurring charge.

You can also use the Ricoh Theta V with CUPIX. As a WGAN Standard Member, you get:

FREE! First six months of CUPIX Small Plan + Studio Add On Pack (Publish to Google Street View), if you are a We Get Around Network Standard or Premium Member.

Does that help?

Again, if you have enough business to justify a second Matterport Camera, go for it. Otherwise, I encourage you to take a look at these other solutions.

Here are some related WGAN Forum discussions:

HomeAway Goal: All 2+ million HomeAway/VRBO Listings to have Virtual Tours
WGAN-TV Live at 5: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies
How to shoot/share a 3D Tour of a 3,000 SQ FT House in 15 minutes for free*

Happy Thanksgiving too!

Best,

Dan

P.S. It's annoying that Matterport sales excludes existing Matterport Service Providers.