Connecting 3D/360° Virtual Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content and Training for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 49,009 Page Views | 11,932 Visitors | 79 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 60,223  |  Total Topics: 9,316
5,176 WGAN Members in 129 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Channel
Intro 101 to Matterport for Pro Photographers
with Matterport's Jonathan Buckley and Amir Frank
WGAN-TV: Coming Up
Live at 5
5 pm EDT (GMT -5)
Tuesday, 27 August 2019
Add to My Calendar WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | All Videos
AdvicebatteryCameraQuestion of the Day

Storing Camera between Shoots8209

Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Just looking for some feedback regarding long term storage of your camera. Do you recharge after every job or leave as is and charge the night before? I am asking because I had always charged to full when a job was complete and then put on a shelf until I was ready to shoot again. That being said when I went to check the battery status it was down to nothing (sat for months). Any feedback/suggestions appreciated. Currently the battery is at 3 hours and 52 minutes. Do the batteries get a memory if you charge without letting deplete? Thanks!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
3dvrwalkthrough private msg quote post Address this user
Spending $250.00 to protect my $2,500 to $4,000.00 Camera is necessary. You will get caught in the rain eventually and humidity just about gives any software driven device a problem eventually.

Get a waterproof pelican unit with the moisture pack similar to the ones you see in shoes or medicine. Had my camera close to a year. Scanned a lot. Run battery till it’s basically out or close to it. Then recharge. Never had any issues and holds charge very well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ElleHarper private msg quote post Address this user
I have multiple different cases from Canon and the default configurations of the cases put the camera in different orientations in each. More tips are also here http://fixthephoto.com/best-camera-bag.html
Post 3 IP   flag post
60963 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute