Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearScanningWebGL

Camera output and RAW data816

csnoke private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone tell me, after you shoot a scene with the matterport, what files are accessible to you prior to upload?

I love the technology and the end results but as a software developer I'd love to skip Matterport's web-services and create my own. In order to explore this I need to know if the raw panoramics and sensor data is available.
Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Go to Russia. They seem to know.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
Go to Russia. They seem to know.

Is that meant to be helpful or funny, because I'm not sure it is either... ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Think your on your own with this. We would all like the data but it is very expressly against the terms of service. I am sure a talented person could figure out a way to get the raw files from the ipad and decrypt them into a usable obj and photos but it would take a lot of work to recreate MPs processing software to make a usable model and then a platform to host it online.
Post 4 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
There's a thread in the forum about a hack in Russia that processes MP with more features like removing camera from mirrors. So it was meant to be both moderately helpful and funny.
Post 5 IP   flag post
So there is no output? You must hook the camera up and upload directly?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
csnoke: Correct. You walk around with an iPad connected to the camera's wireless network. After each scene is shot, the camera uploads it to the iPad. The upload to my iPad4 is very fast. While you are shooting a home, the Matterport App will show you what areas you've scanned -- it builds the floorplan before your eyes.

Then next -- when you are on a fast Internet WiFi network, you tap upload and it beams it up to the Matterport servers. Within 4-5 hours, the tour is ready and you're done.
Post 7 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, it's easy to get the data from the iPad the hard part is to decrypt it. It seemed that the Russians did just that but the last time I checked their site it was taken down and just the landing page was left.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?